• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I was invited to Electric Revolution Lightning event in Texas w/ meet & greet with Ford leadership

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Hello All,

I am excited to have been included in a special invitation from Ford to join some other Ford Lightning enthusiasts as part of “The Electric Revolution” in downtown San Antonio, TX at the end of the week. In addition to meeting Ford representatives and leadership for a meet-and-greet, I will be provided an inside look at how Ford is approaching electrification and helping build the future of zero-emissions transportation. This will be followed by a guided discussion from the Ford team on how we can navigate the critical sustainability issues we all face in the transition to electric vehicles.

Afterward, we will join many others at the Lightning USA Tour at The Pearl, and have the lucky opportunity to preview the F150 Lightning with a ride or drive experience.

I am excited to be part of this event. Many of our forum members have done an outstanding job of sharing their experiences last week at the launch event. I hope to follow-up with informative updates including sharing Ford’s thoughts on its future of zero-emissions transportation; learning more about SunRun equipment distribution timelines; understanding Ford’s commitment to Sync 4 updates after the upcoming Android crossover, and recording pedestrian warning sounds (and learning out if they are programmable). Please respond here with any other thoughts or questions.

Thank you, Ford for the opportunity.
Sponsored

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Hello All,

I am excited to have been included in a special invitation from Ford to join some other Ford Lightning enthusiasts as part of “The Electric Revolution” in downtown San Antonio, TX at the end of the week. In addition to meeting Ford representatives and leadership for a meet-and-greet, I will be provided an inside look at how Ford is approaching electrification and helping build the future of zero-emissions transportation. This will be followed by a guided discussion from the Ford team on how we can navigate the critical sustainability issues we all face in the transition to electric vehicles.

Afterward, we will join many others at the Lightning USA Tour at The Pearl, and have the lucky opportunity to preview the F150 Lightning with a ride or drive experience.

I am excited to be part of this event. Many of our forum members have done an outstanding job of sharing their experiences last week at the launch event. I hope to follow-up with informative updates including sharing Ford’s thoughts on its future of zero-emissions transportation; learning more about SunRun equipment distribution timelines; understanding Ford’s commitment to Sync 4 updates after the upcoming Android crossover, and recording pedestrian warning sounds (and learning out if they are programmable). Please respond here with any other thoughts or questions.

Thank you, Ford for the opportunity.
Sounds like a blast event to attend!

Do get us a detailed look into the forum members questions we have posed!

Thanks for being the forum ambassador to the event!

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Congrats--maybe your truck will be waiting at your dealer when you get home!

How were you contacted by Ford? Was it completely random selection?

OP
OP
idahospud

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Congrats--maybe your truck will be waiting at your dealer when you get home!

How were you contacted by Ford? Was it a completely random selection?
I don't know what the selection criteria was but I received a DM first. That was followed by a phone call and a small interview. Most recent communications and updates have been via email. The entire Ford team has been great so far.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I got an email for the event at the Pearl, but I didn't see it for 3 hours. I tried to register for the VIP experience, but the site said all the slots were already full. It sounds like you were invited to something even more exclusive than the VIP experience.
Ford F-150 Lightning I was invited to Electric Revolution Lightning event in Texas w/ meet & greet with Ford leadership ford_vip_1

Ford F-150 Lightning I was invited to Electric Revolution Lightning event in Texas w/ meet & greet with Ford leadership ford_vi

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I don't know what the selection criteria was but I received a DM first. That was followed by a phone call and a small interview. Most recent communications and updates have been via email. The entire Ford team has been great so far.
That's awesome! I'd love an invite to one of these events someday. I have highest 'haha' reaction score of all forum members--what more could they want?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Nice! I received the same DM but so far no call 😞

OP
OP
idahospud

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I got an email for the event at the Pearl, but I didn't see it for 3 hours. I tried to register for the VIP experience, but the site said all the slots were already full. It sounds like you were invited to something even more exclusive than the VIP experience.
ford_vip_1.jpg

ford_vip.jpg
Thanks, this is a great summary of the "Lightning Drive Experience". I am excited that they also included me at a separate meet and greet and forum on Ford's electrification plans. I so appreciate them covering travel/hotel from Idaho. I will take videos and photos.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Mike, or IdahoSpud, I'll see you there.... I look forward to DRVING the lightning, not just being a passenger. Tony McCloud with Ford, Events/Logistics/Travel, has been great at emails and texts...

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I saw this invite earlier this evening. I'm reserved for VIP Saturday (all day) I plan to let my team know (without VIP access) so that they may attend during the week.

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
I must be black marked in their book. I guess when you call out Ford for not walking the walk then ya get shunned. I even inquired to ford marketing about the Lightning swag and they said "yeah we'll send you some." Month later- crickets. This truck better be impressive because honestly for me Ford as whole has been s**t.

OP
OP
idahospud

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I have arrived in San Antonio. Ford was waiting at the airport with a driver and I was then warmly greeted upon my arrival at the hotel. Ford, you are 1st class!!! Thank you. @Ford Motor Company

Ford F-150 Lightning I was invited to Electric Revolution Lightning event in Texas w/ meet & greet with Ford leadership 1651776135208