• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Incoming charge speed. Where to see?

NVevF150

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER max tow - Star white
Occupation
Boat dealer/broker
If at a retail charge station it seems the common data measure is the rate of charge kWh of the output. With the mobile charger, and now the installed CSP with full 80a breaker, I want to see a screen data that shows this. Not in the Charging tab in truck, not in the ford pass app, nor the “insights” for connected charger in pass app. What gives?

Why is this discussed as the focus of charging at public stations and not even present here? Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP

NVevF150

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boat dealer/broker
Also, the truck charge level is set
To 85% not sure why the always says 100%
Ford F-150 Lightning Incoming charge speed. Where to see? C6EEC844-8836-458F-95CA-7B6128B7E2E6

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I don't think you're missing it, it's not there. EVerbody wants it. Now, it's pretty much an OBDII dongle and an Android phone to see the info. I'd like to see Electrify America do something like a screen mirror of their chargers in CarPlay or AA.

OP
OP

NVevF150

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boat dealer/broker
I want this data for my home charging. How do I know what real output I’m getting/receiving? I see the data and total energy. Is it simple math? One divided by the other multiply by time (or something like that)

at exactly 1 hour on charger, (like pictured) I’d imagine this to be easiest math If it works that way?

Ford F-150 Lightning Incoming charge speed. Where to see? FF65E203-E0D7-4129-9DE3-F33204DC5276

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
In the FordPass app, go to Vehicle > Charging > Charge Settings > Preferred Charge Times. Then select a Saved Location, like “Home”, click on the address to access the settings for that location, set the desired times and charging level, scroll down and click SAVE, then wait for the app to save (maybe do this a few times before it actually works), then make sure the radio button is selected for “Use preferred charge settings” for that location.

Or just get a ChargePoint Home Flex, and then you can control everything and see the charge data in the app.

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
You cannot see the charge current. One of my top issues with the truck. The data is available if you want to use an OBD2 dongle and app like Torque Pro. The only thing the truck will give you is estimated time for completion.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I don't think you're missing it, it's not there. EVerbody wants it. Now, it's pretty much an OBDII dongle and an Android phone to see the info. I'd like to see Electrify America do something like a screen mirror of their chargers in CarPlay or AA.
The app has some awesome bugs in this area, too -- like confusing AM and PM in the estimated completion time if the current charge session is expected to span midnight. And the car "going to sleep" (at least, so the app says) while actively charging, so the app stops updating.

The app is really the only thing that sucks about the Lightning. Lots of early deliveries are to people who own or have owned other EVs and the dysfunctional Ford app could really give them a black eye despite the excellence of the vehicle itself. I hope they wake up and fix it.

I have had some back and forth with Ford about this after posting about app and charge setting problems here earlier. Their social media folks reached out and tried to help but ultimately this produced only a transfer to the "app team" where I was disconnected while on hold, and advice to call the "app team" at their direct 800 number (where I've still not yet managed to reach a human being).

I finally discovered I can at least make previous charge location settings stick if I set them from the in-car display. Though - what madman thought you should only be able to set the target charge level the _second_ time you visit a charger anyhow?

Trying to save any details of previous charge locations after the 1st one reliably locks up the Android app so hard I have to kill it most of the time, but anyway _never_ works for my truck. But even the in-car display will not reliably show you the current charge rate or let you set any parameter for the current session other than "charge to 100%". Not good.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Do you have it set to “Use charge settings” or “Charge when plugged in”?

OP
OP

NVevF150

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Boat dealer/broker
Do you have it set to “Use charge settings” or “Charge when plugged in”?
I have tried both settings. Currently on when plugged in. Maybe the app sees the truck set limit as it’s “100%”?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I have tried both settings. Currently on when plugged in. Maybe the app sees the truck set limit as it’s “100%”?
I’m fairly certain “When plugged in” ignores all other settings, including max charge level.

Sponsored

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
My truck had the same problem. It _appears_ to have gone away since I have abandoned all charging-related functionality in the app and use only the settings on the main display, while the truck is fully powered on (a.k.a. "started" or "running").

I realized about a week ago that after you end a drive and hit the power button, the screen stays on, but many settings relating to charging are greyed out (can't be changed) while others, if changed, seem to revert when you next "start" the truck.

I wonder if this has something to do with what is going wrong with the app -- that the truck firmware will only correctly save some settings if the truck is "running" and the truck is usually _not_ "running" while you are trying to use the app to change settings, and as far as I know _cannot be_ "running" while plugged in (since it cannot be "started").

So *unplug the truck from the charger since it will not "start" and "run" while plugged in*, close that charge port, get in the driver's seat and "start" the truck, _then_ go through your charging settings and make them all how you want them to be (maybe toggle them back and forth to ensure they are really reset to how you want them - see the bug I found in the Nav for an example of where the truck will display the wrong value for a setting until it's toggled back and forth). See if that makes it obey the settings it told you it saved. It seems to be working for me.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
"Charge when plugged in" ignores any set hours.
Sponsored