• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Interesting little UI thing pre-4.1.2 with the seat heat/cool settings with camera up

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
I happened to have the camera view up today, and while it was up, I went to change the seat heater, and I noticed something - rather than the big slider, the UI changes in that case to just be two little buttons, one for heat and one for cool, and it works exactly how I'd want - it's three-two-one-off-three.

So, somewhere, someone realized covering up the cameras with the slider was bad, but didn't realize this other UI would be better in general. 🤷

Ford F-150 Lightning Interesting little UI thing pre-4.1.2 with the seat heat/cool settings with camera up 1673213453707
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
It does that if you are in reverse too. Probably because the cameras are on.

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord V6 EX-L 2015
I agree. This is much better ui function for the seat heater.

However you can't turn the fan completely off in the reverse cameras though. I only got it to a low setting not off.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I agree. This is much better ui function for the seat heater.

However you can't turn the fan completely off in the reverse cameras though. I only got it to a low setting not off.
Yes, getting the fan speed to 1 then pressing - should turn it off. That is not how it works. Ford what is less than 1? Zero, hit minus when the speed is 1, then the fan speed should go to zero.

AdmiralYamo

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord V6 EX-L 2015
Yes, getting the fan speed to 1 then pressing - should turn it off. That is not how it works. Ford what is less than 1? Zero, hit minus when the speed is 1, then the fan speed should go to zero.
Yeah unfortunately in reverse, the fan only goes to 1. Obviously it'll go off when you get it back into drive and actually hit off. Little gripes lol

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
If i could choose one QoL improvement it would be to make this standard, I'm sure given more time i could find something else but this is one thing that drives me nuts. I think I hate it more knowing that somewhere along the line it was a conscious decision. Every other ford I've owned with the physical button is click to cycle settings for the seats so why they didn't just stick with it is beyond me.

Weapon X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E
My truck has been doing this since I got it 3 months ago, so it isn't new.

OP
OP
GoGoGadgetTruck

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
My truck has been doing this since I got it 3 months ago, so it isn't new.
didn't say it was new, that's why I mentioned that is was pre-4.1.2.

that said, I now have 4.1.2 in the truck and it seems to be everywhere now, not just with the camera up. The big-ass slider seems to be gone.

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
The big-ass slider seems to be gone.
My understanding is that the slider was replaced by using the Volume Knob when in fan/temp/seat-heat mode. Which sounds like a HUGE improvement, can't wait to get it.
Sponsored