• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.2 UI updates

Crimnl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Bee Keeper
Yes, I did do the two finger reboot, couple times, also just turned off the screen and back on, etc. Ford tech really didn’t seem to know anything and said give it 24 hours and see what happens
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Happened on my way to work this morning.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Power-Up 4.2.2.2 UI updates IMG_0072

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Seems the last 3 or 4 updates say the same thing. Bug fixes I guess?

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Assume so, I’ve had YouTube since delivery on 02/07.

Akbrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning 2022
They are the same. I just got 4.2.3 and it says while you have already seen this we are cleaning some thing up.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
While I'm glad that today, I received 4.2.2.2, I'm annoyed as heck at how this is handled.
I'm guessing the same folks that handle the email updates push OTA updates.

Why am I annoyed?
I have my updates set to run at 1am.
Not the middle of the day while I make a 5 minute stop.
No biggie...right?
Not really, other than I got no notification of the update except I noticed the new temp selection process for seat cooling.
Still no biggie right?
Just annoying because what is an early adopter to do, but fiddle with the new stuff, and I wasn't in a position to fiddle.
Stop #2 I got the notification of the update finally.
Stop #3 my audio did the BS that happens when I get an update where it plays through the smallest speaker that exists on the truck until I go Stereo then back to Surround.

I expect better and hope @Ford Motor Company pays attention and fixes these things.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
While I'm glad that today, I received 4.2.2.2, I'm annoyed as heck at how this is handled.
I'm guessing the same folks that handle the email updates push OTA updates.

Why am I annoyed?
I have my updates set to run at 1am.
Not the middle of the day while I make a 5 minute stop.
No biggie...right?
Not really, other than I got no notification of the update except I noticed the new temp selection process for seat cooling.
Still no biggie right?
Just annoying because what is an early adopter to do, but fiddle with the new stuff, and I wasn't in a position to fiddle.
Stop #2 I got the notification of the update finally.
Stop #3 my audio did the BS that happens when I get an update where it plays through the smallest speaker that exists on the truck until I go Stereo then back to Surround.

I expect better and hope @Ford Motor Company pays attention and fixes these things.
The update schedule only applies to updates that require your truck to not be in use. Updates that do not interrupt using the truck can occur anytime.
#3 is the only true issue.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
The update schedule only applies to updates that require your truck to not be in use. Updates that do not interrupt using the truck can occur anytime.
#3 is the only true issue.
Then I'd suggest @Ford Motor Company clarify that on said page vs me having to read further than I did (or want to).
I would argue that not getting a notification that an update occurred, is an issue.
Not critical, none of this is, but it would be better.
With all of this, I'm turning OFF automatic updates so I know what is actually going on.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Then I'd suggest @Ford Motor Company clarify that on said page vs me having to read further than I did (or want to).
I would argue that not getting a notification that an update occurred, is an issue.
Not critical, none of this is, but it would be better.
With all of this, I'm turning OFF automatic updates so I know what is actually going on.
I think some people who have turned off automatic updates reported still getting the non-invasive ones. YMMV

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I think some people who have turned off automatic updates reported still getting the non-invasive ones. YMMV
That would fit with the lack of clarity we have.

Sponsored

wgatkinson

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Immediately after I got my most recent software update on my MY23 Lariat ER Lightning, the display screen started losing power when I start the truck. This happens in two ways: 1) either the display has no power when I start the truck; or 2) the display will have power when I start the truck but will immediately power down within about 10 seconds of starting the truck. Either way, the display reboots and works fine but it sometimes takes a minute or so to reboot. If you are waiting to use the backup cameras, the climate controls, or anything else, this is extremely annoying. This happens about 25% of the time when I start the truck. Once the display reboots, it never goes out again when driving; this only occurs at start up. This never happened to me before my most recent software update. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution? Thanks.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Immediately after I got my most recent software update on my MY23 Lariat ER Lightning, the display screen started losing power when I start the truck. This happens in two ways: 1) either the display has no power when I start the truck; or 2) the display will have power when I start the truck but will immediately power down within about 10 seconds of starting the truck. Either way, the display reboots and works fine but it sometimes takes a minute or so to reboot. If you are waiting to use the backup cameras, the climate controls, or anything else, this is extremely annoying. This happens about 25% of the time when I start the truck. Once the display reboots, it never goes out again when driving; this only occurs at start up. This never happened to me before my most recent software update. Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution? Thanks.
Which [power update] version did you receive?

wgatkinson

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
The updated software version that created this problem is 4.2.2.2

Leroyjac75

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
4.2.2.2 is the user interface update for trucks that have the earlier troubled modem and or fete way chipsets. If most if not all your updates are 3 digit you get your updates typically before the 4 digit folks…

I don’t have any of the screen issues you are reporting so I would contact Ford or the dealer to get that issue corrected. It does take a few seconds for the displays to start up but nothing lengthy…