• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

is the mobile power cord worth it for 500$ (selected by default)

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I tried buying an extra one (after taking delivery of my Lightning), couldn't find one for under $600. Even used on Ebay. What a rip-off!
Sinxerely not trying to be rude...but why?

There are plenty of better, more reliable options, with more features that can be had for under $400.
Sponsored

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
That price is for reference, plus, $350 for whole setup and you can charge any EV?
As best I can tell, if you use the Tesla charger with your Lightning, there is no way to limit the current to something less than the maximum the selected connector is made for? Seems like that part of the functionality only works if you plug it into an actual Tesla.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I really want to buy a portable charger with multiple plug options and an adjustable current limit from a reputable brand, and I haven't found one that is all of those things yet.)

Photon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model S Plaid, 2018 Ford Raptor
32A.

But, does your $340 charger accept 120V L1? L1 is still useful when you stay in vacation house without L2.
Get a better vacation house with L2

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
As best I can tell, if you use the Tesla charger with your Lightning, there is no way to limit the current to something less than the maximum the selected connector is made for? Seems like that part of the functionality only works if you plug it into an actual Tesla.

(Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I really want to buy a portable charger with multiple plug options and an adjustable current limit from a reputable brand, and I haven't found one that is all of those things yet.)
I have the same understanding and am looking for the same thing. Still leaning toward Tesla mobile with an additional assortment of plug adapters. I don't really like having to control the amperage by changing which adapter is plugged in but it works... Anyway I am going to wait a while before buying anything else although I already purchased the Tesla to J1772 adapter mostly to use at Tesla destination chargers.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have the same understanding and am looking for the same thing. Still leaning toward Tesla mobile with an additional assortment of plug adapters. I don't really like having to control the amperage by changing which adapter is plugged in but it works... Anyway I am going to wait a while before buying anything else although I already purchased the Tesla to J1772 adapter mostly to use at Tesla destination chargers.
For what it's worth I bought this.

AMPROAD iFlow P9 EV Charger Level 2, 10 to 40 Amp, 110-240V EVSE with WiFi, Versatile for Portable & Wall Charger (NEMA 14-50, 25 Foot Cable) https://a.co/d/16VmF0Q

Extremely easy to change amperage on the unit with. Also has a basic wifi based app/website that will do the same thing.

Currently on Amazon it is being bundled with a gree adapter for 5-15 plugs (under promotions).
Sponsored