• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

is the mobile power cord worth it for 500$ (selected by default)

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Yes it does. It is adjustable and can go down to 10a.

AMPROAD iFlow P9 EV Charger Level 2, 10 to 40 Amp, 110-240V EVSE with WiFi, Versatile for Portable & Wall Charger (NEMA 14-50, 25 Foot Cable) https://a.co/d/bJCcSEJ
How is it compatible with 120V, if it only comes with 14-50 plug?
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Yes it does. It is adjustable and can go down to 10a.

AMPROAD iFlow P9 EV Charger Level 2, 10 to 40 Amp, 110-240V EVSE with WiFi, Versatile for Portable & Wall Charger (NEMA 14-50, 25 Foot Cable) https://a.co/d/bJCcSEJ

Something to remember when thinking/talking about Level 1 charging of the Lightning: The truck currently will only accept a max of 11A@117V when it reads an incoming 120V charge regardless of what amperage the EVSE can provide.

As such, having 120V capability is nice as a safety valve/Plan B, but I would focus my portable EVSE money on Level 2 charging capabilities until (and if) Ford makes a software change to the Lightnin’s Level 1 charging ability…..

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I bought it as a bundle with this:

AMPROAD 15 AMP to 50 AMP EV Charger Adapter Cord, NEMA 5-15P to 14-50R Electric Power Plug for Level 1 & Level 2 EV Charger (Not for RV) https://a.co/d/4pF8RVP

It was $340 during the prime day sale as a bundle.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Something to remember when thinking/talking about Level 1 charging of the Lightning: The truck currently will only accept a max of 11A@117V when it reads an incoming 120V charge regardless of what amperage the EVSE can provide.

As such, having 120V capability is nice as a safety valve/Plan B, but I would focus my portable EVSE money on Level 2 charging capabilities until (and if) Ford makes a software change to the Lightnin’s Level 1 charging ability…..
This is such a bummer. 16A off a 20A/120V connection would help me so much limp thru waiting for my FCSP. Really disappointed by this. I have the Tesla Mobile charger and Tesla Tap and the NEMA 5-20 adapter.. I do believe that is the best Mobile charging solution. Now if my truck would only freaking arrive! 50 days after shipping!

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
This is such a bummer. 16A off a 20A/120V connection would help me so much limp thru waiting for my FCSP. Really disappointed by this. I have the Tesla Mobile charger and Tesla Tap and the NEMA 5-20 adapter.. I do believe that is the best Mobile charging solution. Now if my truck would only freaking arrive! 50 days after shipping!
I understand…it took 13 days after I got my truck to delivery of my FCSP, and an additional 2 weeks to get it installed….I’m fortunate to live within 8 miles of a EA fast charging station that had to supplement all of my L1 all-night charge sessions……

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Our Ford Mobile Charger is Plugged in to 3 Prong 40 Amp Dryer outlet that was in the Garage from the 70's. Bought US Made Adapter and it's been sole source of energy for MachE for 20 months and dual purpose for the Lightning since September. Also have 25' Made in the USA Extension Cable and reaches Lightning parked out front of the Garage. No issues at all. All copper wires, USA made outlet is alot heavier then same outlet at Home Depot. Zero wiggle between male and female plugs. Zero issues.

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
Has Ford or the dealer, explained what the hold up is? I had something similar happen with my Bronco last year. Made it to the train yard 80 miles from the dealer than sat for 3 weeks waiting for an insurance inspector to check the entire lot for hail damage. Was frustrating being that close. Hoping to not go through that again.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
My $500 Ford Mobile charger is still new in the bag - sealed new & untouched.

So for me, not worth it to buy.

Glad my incoming '23 MME does not have a charger either - otherwise it would have gone to waste.

Have a 48A Emporia in my garage and that beast pumps out juice even in 110 degree weather!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
My $500 Ford Mobile charger is still new in the bag - sealed new & untouched.

So for me, not worth it to buy.

Glad my incoming '23 MME does not have a charger either - otherwise it would have gone to waste.

Have a 48A Emporia in my garage and that beast pumps out juice even in 110 degree weather!
I plugged mine in and made sure it works.

Pro tip: it fits behind the rear seat above the jack.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Has Ford or the dealer, explained what the hold up is? I had something similar happen with my Bronco last year. Made it to the train yard 80 miles from the dealer than sat for 3 weeks waiting for an insurance inspector to check the entire lot for hail damage. Was frustrating being that close. Hoping to not go through that again.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Actual transparent communication from Ford or the dealers. That is funny! No communication, other than from the dealer "This is just how it is. We dont get any info from Ford. It will get here when it gets here"

On Friday I called Ford support and this was my conversation....

Phone agent: "The last update is that it was in Markharm Yard, IL Ramp 73 on 9/12. "
Me: "I dont care where my truck was, I care where it is and when it will get here".
Phone agent: "No one here can provide you any more Information than what I have"
Me: "So you are telling me no human being at Ford or at my dealer actually knows where my truck is right now?"
Phone agent: "No one here can provide you any more Information than what I have"

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Actual transparent communication from Ford or the dealers. That is funny! No communication, other than from the dealer "This is just how it is. We dont get any info from Ford. It will get here when it gets here"

On Friday I called Ford support and this was my conversation....

Phone agent: "The last update is that it was in Markharm Yard, IL Ramp 73 on 9/12. "
Me: "I dont care where my truck was, I care where it is and when it will get here".
Me: "So you are telling me no human being at Ford or at my dealer actually knows where my truck is right now?"
That’s BS for sure. Probably not telling you anything you don’t know, but the dealer has a Ford corp rep that can track down issues like this. However, they have to give a crap first, and contact the rep. As I explained I had a situation last year and the Ford rep was able to step in and even got it loaded on a truck the next day after I insisted on intervention. Hope you see it soon.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s BS for sure. Probably not telling you anything you don’t know, but the dealer has a Ford corp rep that can track down issues like this. However, they have to give a crap first, and contact the rep. As I explained I had a situation last year and the Ford rep was able to step in and even got it loaded on a truck the next day after I insisted on intervention. Hope you see it soon.
I ended my call on Friday asking for escalation.... they said someone would be in contact within 2-3 days.... I'm not holding my breath!

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
I tried buying an extra one (after taking delivery of my Lightning), couldn't find one for under $600. Even used on Ebay. What a rip-off!
Sponsored