• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is the Rivian Adventure Network open to Lightnings yet?

richl025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I have a trip coming up and just noticed that the best DCFCs in the small town I am going to are on the "Rivian Adventure Network"...

I saw this article from April that suggests they are going to open up like the Tesla network soon? https://www.motortrend.com/news/rivian-ev-dc-fast-charging-network-open-to-public/

Does anyone know anything about this?

Has anyone been able to use a RAN charger with their lightning yet?
Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I have a trip coming up and just noticed that the best DCFCs in the small town I am going to are on the "Rivian Adventure Network"...

I saw this article from April that suggests they are going to open up like the Tesla network soon? https://www.motortrend.com/news/rivian-ev-dc-fast-charging-network-open-to-public/

Does anyone know anything about this?

Has anyone been able to use a RAN charger with their lightning yet?
No they’re not opened yet. Rivians only.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I don't get this logic. If it's the same plug network, why wouldn't they open it up? Seems like a missed opportunity to make some $$$. I get having it specifically for owners thing, but if one is open, let it be used

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I don't get this logic. If it's the same plug network, why wouldn't they open it up? Seems like a missed opportunity to make some $$$. I get having it specifically for owners thing, but if one is open, let it be used
They are opening it up, like Tesla. Sometime in 2024 is the last word.

Sponsored

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Nice.

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue
I tried plugging into one two weeks ago and can validate it says for Rivian only.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Reason 1: They’ve been using as a sales tactic, offering up exclusive access to Rivian owners.

Reason 2: They haven’t figured out the billing - at least at the time I sold mine. They were to start billing after a year free for a new owner but never started.

I don’t think it’s about them wanting to bill, they do. And they anticipate significant revenue from it. Im guessing it’s that they need to figure out payment processing.

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Oh ok, good inside info! So you had. Rivian and sold it and now have a Lightning? Care to share your pros and cons between the two?
Sponsored