• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Is there a 10 KW version of the HIS?

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I bought the HIS from AeeExpress and at the time I placed my order their website listed the 10 KW version of the Delta BDI as one of the components of the system. After placing the order, my order details page showed the 4 KW inverter being packaged with my order. I called and confirmed that I would only be receiving the 4 KW, and was told ”at this time the 10 KW was not available in my area”. I live in KY and they told me they are working to make it available here but at this time it is not, however it is available in other states. I think that was not exactly true, I think SunRun has a limited number of the 10 KW inverters and they are holding them back for their own Solar Installs that go along with the HIS set up thus allowing them to profit more off a 10 KW solar install with the Lightning versus just a 4 KW. What really upset me was that I paid the same price for the 4 KW BDI as what someone else that will get the 10 KW inverter paid. After all my complaining and questions regarding this, AEE Express updated their product listing to indicate the 4 KW inverter only being available which to me further indicates the individuals buying this system that are not in a SunRun service area are not provided with the option to get the 10 KW inverter.
Only way to get 10kW is to lease a solar system from Sunrun even if inside area. Note the 4kw HIS will still allow 9.6 kw from lightning if grid is down but only 4kw if grid is up and only 4Kw of Solar. Same thing happened to me on the 4kW switcharoo at AEEexpress but if I installed a Sunrun solar system all options apparently available with install. Since we live in snow area nice to know output of each panel as it melts vs losing whole array and wondering. My roof not easy to see or get to.
Sponsored