• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Issues w/ Private Offer

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
I was one of the 2022 reservation holders who got moved to MY23 trucks. I was told by my dealer when that happened that the price would be protected through a "Private Offer" reduction of $8500.

Fast forward to now - the dealer said they cannot find the certificate number. I called and spoke w/ Ford Marketing who looked me up and said that I do qualify but that "your dealer needs to apply that certificate". They could not, or would not, give me a certificate number.

So now I am stuck. The dealer says they cannot help. Ford Marketing says they cannot help. I don't understand what I need to do, but my truck should be ready for pickup in the next few weeks (fingers crossed) and I don't want to get to the point where it's the day of pickup and not have this in place.

Any suggestions? Anyone else I need to reach out to? Thanks.
Sponsored

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
I was one of the 2022 reservation holders who got moved to MY23 trucks. I was told by my dealer when that happened that the price would be protected through a "Private Offer" reduction of $8500.

Fast forward to now - the dealer said they cannot find the certificate number. I called and spoke w/ Ford Marketing who looked me up and said that I do qualify but that "your dealer needs to apply that certificate". They could not, or would not, give me a certificate number.

So now I am stuck. The dealer says they cannot help. Ford Marketing says they cannot help. I don't understand what I need to do, but my truck should be ready for pickup in the next few weeks (fingers crossed) and I don't want to get to the point where it's the day of pickup and not have this in place.

Any suggestions? Anyone else I need to reach out to? Thanks.
Your certificate number is your reservation number. If you haven't shipped yet they can't see the value from my understanding, and, with dealers being what they are, won't commit to anything they don't have to.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
I'm in the same boat as well. So it's my reservation number, which is also my order number?

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
I'm in the same boat as well. So it's my reservation number, which is also my order number?
Yes, a bunch of guys in the 10/24 build week just got their trucks to the dealer and we all already went through this a few weeks ago lol. We'll see how honest the dealers are but the private offer will show in the SmartVINcent system some time after the vehicle has shipped, the price protection for the Pro (since it had a post order price increase in October after we already ordered in wave 1, August 11th) is a bit stickier. Since dealers are...well...dealers, they might push back on it a bit but you can gently direct them to one of Tim Bartz's videos on how they can ensure they are doing the right thing and not make any less money on the sale. I only know the Pro because that's the boat I'm in, bit I assume the other trims are very similar. Hope this helps.

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
PCO might not show up for a while. Wait until your truck is delivered, if the dealer is still playing dumb at that point blast them online.

Sponsored
OP
OP

asudan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5L, 2022 Tesla Performance Model Y
Your certificate number is your reservation number. If you haven't shipped yet they can't see the value from my understanding, and, with dealers being what they are, won't commit to anything they don't have to.
Thank you. So to make sure I understand you correctly, once my truck shows "shipped" the dealer should be able to apply the certificate, which is the same as my original order number? Thanks. I had not read this anywhere and I've looked everywhere.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you. So to make sure I understand you correctly, once my truck shows "shipped" the dealer should be able to apply the certificate, which is the same as my original order number? Thanks. I had not read this anywhere and I've looked everywhere.
They won't apply anything till the signing of the paperwork, but my understanding is they can see the value of the certificate at least at that point.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Anytime I called Ford CS (which was a lot) they would routinely offer me the program number and my certificate number of the private offer. And yes the certificate number is your reservation number

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Dealer can pull it up in their SmartVincent system, certificate # is your order #.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The PCO has been honored so far with little to no issues. The biggest issue people are having is the $5k price protection that only applies to the Pro's.

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
It will be interesting for those of us that take delivery in 2023. I know that the private offer shouldn't expire for us, but I'm worried that misinformed dealers will say that it's expired and won't honor it.
Sponsored