• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Just got production date

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
I think you are correct. I am first day but Pro order and don’t have a production date. do you mind sharing a screenshot of where you see production date?
Ford F-150 Lightning Just got production date C1F7576A-7163-4CB8-8ADE-EDF6E2443CC9

this is from my phone.
If you ordered PRO the estimate was Autumn 2023. I had ordered pro but switched to XLT
Sponsored

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red
If you have a production date, you should have a VIN. You need to go dig into the code behind the web page to find it. You should have a new code for 2023 year model, and you all will be the first to know if they were successful in moving to the Android OS for Sync.
Will apple car play work with the android OS?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
C1F7576A-7163-4CB8-8ADE-EDF6E2443CC9.jpeg

this is from my phone.
If you ordered PRO the estimate was Autumn 2023. I had ordered pro but switched to XLT

yup, it looks like I should stop checking my account:

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Will apple car play work with the android OS?
I would think they would make it yes, but we haven't seen this OS in play yet. Ford just said they were moving to it with the 2023 MY.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I would think they would make it yes, but we haven't seen this OS in play yet. Ford just said they were moving to it with the 2023 MY.
The Android upgrade may not be coming with the MY23 Lightning. Definitely won't be coming with any MY23 produced in the near future.

Source

Sponsored

digitall

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
If you have a production date, you should have a VIN. You need to go dig into the code behind the web page to find it. You should have a new code for 2023 year model, and you all will be the first to know if they were successful in moving to the Android OS for Sync.
Followed the steps and got the VIN (used Firefox). Searched through all the code and "android" doesn't come up with any results. Searching for "Sync" this is what i got:

code":"IEV"},"values":[{"code":"IEVAQ","description":"SYNC® 4","guxCategoryLabels":"AUG","guxCategoryDescription":"Audio Upgrade","state":"I","guxCategories":["ecomm-tech","INR","AUG"]}]},{"family":{"code":"HUK"},"values":[{"code":"HUKAQ","description":"Pro Power Onboard - 9.6 KW","guxCategoryLabels":"EXR","guxCategoryDescription":"Exterior","state":"I","guxCategories":["OPT","EXO","EXR"]}]},{"family":{"code":"FBF"},"values":[{"code":"FBFAB","description":"Forward Collision

So I suspect it is still Sync 4.

Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The Android upgrade may not be coming with the MY23 Lightning. Definitely won't be coming with any MY23 produced in the near future.

Source
I'll have to go read up. I missed they had actually announced it or forgotten. I predicted earlier this year they wouldn't get the integration done.

MY23 will be nothing more than typically what Job 2 would be within a given model year. They didn't get Job 2 out for the Lightning in '22, this is nothing more than maybe a few tweaks, if even that. Likely a different character in the VIN and a couple of different colors.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'll have to go read up. I missed they had actually announced it or forgotten. I predicted earlier this year they wouldn't get the integration done.

MY23 will be nothing more than typically what Job 2 would be within a given model year. They didn't get Job 2 out for the Lightning in '22, this is nothing more than maybe a few tweaks, if even that. Likely a different character in the VIN and a couple of different colors.
The interesting thing they stated was they wouldn't be updating models with SYNC 4/4a to the Android OS. That could mean that those MY23 produced in the next 6ish months would be locked into SYNC 4/4a while the later production dates could get Android OS.

Reactions: GDN

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Just wanted to add another data point. I ordered in Wave 1 on 8/11/22 and I am scheduled for production on 10/24/22 and I was able to pull my VIN.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Just wanted to add another data point. I ordered in Wave 1 on 8/11/22 and I am scheduled for production on 10/24/22 and I was able to pull my VIN.
With a Pro?!? That's extremely exciting! What options did you add to the Pro?

Screenshot?

If that is true, there are a couple people that chose the XLT over the Pro because they didn't want to wait that may be pissed.

Sponsored

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I also ordered 8/11 and have a production of 8/24 for xlt.

timwren

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Ford F-150 Lightning Just got production date Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 4.38.55 PM

I pulled the VIN using the method in this thread. I searched that JSON and like digitall posted, its is sync 4. As for options, I have everything (Tow Tech, Pro Power, Max Tow, Tailgate Step, Trailer Camera, and Azure Gray Metallic) except a bed liner (will use bedrug). Stoked!

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
With a Pro?!? That's extremely exciting! What options did you add to the Pro?

Screenshot?

If that is true, there are a couple people that chose the XLT over the Pro because they didn't want to wait that may be pissed.
well there are Pros like me who didn’t get the date (story of my life). So their switch may not be in vain

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 4.38.55 PM.png

I pulled the VIN using the method in this thread. I searched that JSON and like digitall posted, its is sync 4. As for options, I have everything (Tow Tech, Pro Power, Max Tow, Tailgate Step, Trailer Camera, and Azure Gray Metallic) except a bed liner (will use bedrug). Stoked!
Congrats buddy! So happy for you!

I have the same thing ordered (except trailer camera, and I added Bed liner) from a different dealer in Oregon. Now I'm optimistic I'll get my truck in the next 4 months not "AUTUMN 2023"!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
well there are Pros like me who didn’t get the date (story of my life). So their switch may not be in vain
I haven't either, yet. I'm optimistic though that we will get a Production date within the next few weeks.
Sponsored