• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
Congratulations, did you get notice it had shipped? When were your delivery dates?
Sponsored

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
Similar build. More pics the better!

Silent_Thunder

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 1993 F-150 XL 2WD
Occupation
Sustainable Landscape Design & Install
Congrats! Welcome to the club!!

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
That color is growing on me...slowly.😄

OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, 2020 BMW m340
Just picked up my truck this afternoon. It is awesome!

SQM (Smoked Quartz Metallic)
ER (Extended Range)
Max tow
ATs

13831887-0DEE-40D4-8C95-8982D9FFFDBA.jpeg
Our dealer received their mannequin and our truck on the same truck yesterday. Both were SQM Lariats. My dealer made the whole purchase process very painless, and we were out in about 45 minutes. I’m going to just provide a few insights that others have not discussed.

The vehicle came with the mobile charger kit, which included 2 adapter plugs.. a RV to 14-50 and a Lenzo J1772 to Tesla tap; only good for charging a Tesla vehicle….., so not sure what that is all about. It would have been nice to have the Tesla to J1772 adapter to use at Tesla destination chargers. No charge station pro, and the dealer said it would be shipping out to me; didn’t have any more detail on it. I plan to install a ChargePoint flex and sell the pro charge station. The flex is on back order and should arrive in 2-3 weeks, so mobile charger for awhile.

I put about 30 miles on the truck today, mix of town and rural highway. 3.5/kWh very doable in 30-35 mph city driving. Don’t think you will see 2.3/kWh at 70 mph, probably closer to 2. I charged for a bit today to see how it worked. 5% charge, 22 miles, 8kwh. So $0.80 electricity for 22 miles which is pretty nice with gas at $4.65.

Coming from a 2017 Lariat, the truck is a huge upgrade. Interior is a bit fancier, and the ride is significantly quieter, with the rear independent suspension providing a much improved ride. Power is pretty much as everyone describes…. it is very quick for a large pickup, and gets up to 100 quickly. I spent most of the time using one pedal driving, which I am liking after getting some experience with it. Bluecruise worked great for the 5 miles or so that I tested it. I plan to get Linex on Monday and install BAK revolver X4s after it arrives.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning, 2020 BMW m340
Congratulations, did you get notice it had shipped? When were your delivery dates?
I received an email saying it was built back on 5/23, and then received an email yesterday saying it arrived. No email saying it shipped, so I was a bit surprised. Reserved 5/19/21 within the first minute, ordered 1/7/22, blend 5/8/22 arrived at dealer 6/1.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Congrats.

Since you were using one pedal driving, did they fix the one pedal driving that was a problem during the reviews? They stated that when one pedal driving brought you to a stop it would drift backwards a little bit before the normal brakes grabbed a hold to bring you to a complete stop. Is that still true?

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S
Our dealer received their mannequin and our truck on the same truck yesterday. Both were SQM Lariats. My dealer made the whole purchase process very painless, and we were out in about 45 minutes. I’m going to just provide a few insights that others have not discussed.

The vehicle came with the mobile charger kit, which included 2 adapter plugs.. a RV to 14-50 and a Lenzo J1772 to Tesla tap; only good for charging a Tesla vehicle….., so not sure what that is all about. It would have been nice to have the Tesla to J1772 adapter to use at Tesla destination chargers. No charge station pro, and the dealer said it would be shipping out to me; didn’t have any more detail on it. I plan to install a ChargePoint flex and sell the pro charge station. The flex is on back order and should arrive in 2-3 weeks, so mobile charger for awhile.

I put about 30 miles on the truck today, mix of town and rural highway. 3.5/kWh very doable in 30-35 mph city driving. Don’t think you will see 2.3/kWh at 70 mph, probably closer to 2. I charged for a bit today to see how it worked. 5% charge, 22 miles, 8kwh. So $0.80 electricity for 22 miles which is pretty nice with gas at $4.65.

Coming from a 2017 Lariat, the truck is a huge upgrade. Interior is a bit fancier, and the ride is significantly quieter, with the rear independent suspension providing a much improved ride. Power is pretty much as everyone describes…. it is very quick for a large pickup, and gets up to 100 quickly. I spent most of the time using one pedal driving, which I am liking after getting some experience with it. Bluecruise worked great for the 5 miles or so that I tested it. I plan to get Linex on Monday and install BAK revolver X4s after it arrives.
The Chargepoint Flex is the way, we love ours.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The vehicle came with the mobile charger kit, which included 2 adapter plugs.. a RV to 14-50 and a Lenzo J1772 to Tesla tap
Wait--it comes with a tesla tap adapter? What is the adapter's amperage rating?

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Wait--it comes with a tesla tap adapter? What is the adapter's amperage rating?
If it's the LENZ adapter, it's the other way around - it is like the adapter you receive with a Tesla to charge a Tesla at J1772 stations. Seems odd they'd include one with the Lightning, maybe the kits are produced by common manufacturers or something?

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
The Chargepoint Flex is the way, we love ours.
Any reason why a Chargepoint Flex and not just use the charger that comes with the Lighting (or the home station once you recieve it?

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S
Any reason why a Chargepoint Flex and not just use the charger that comes with the Lighting (or the home station once you recieve it?
Not particularly, I only had the Tesla mobile charger and wanted something that supported non-Teslas. The Flex does up to 60A iirc, so is faster than the Tesla mobile.
Sponsored