• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PDM1987

First Name
Presley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 - King Ranch, 2022 - Lightening Platinum
Occupation
Printer
Looks aweswome. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Sponsored

computertreker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Congrats!

I'm super excited to get mine now. Lol, I'm order #3 at Friendly Ford with an order in for a ER SQM Lariat too (scheduled to be built next week).

Interesting that you got commercial plates, I've been worried about that because I live right off the Taconic and with the weight of the truck the regulations used to say any pickup >6k lbs had to have commercial tags. But, I did just check and the NYS DMV removed the weight restriction for passenger registration of pickups within the last week or so: https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/register-pick-truck-passenger-class-vehicle

So I'm wondering did the dealership just give you commercial plates or is it actually going to be used as a commercial vehicle?

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
This is the first front plate holder I've seen. Is it a no drill snap-on deal?

Thanks for the great images!

OP
OP
bogey928

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat ER delivered 6/3, MME GTPE, MME FE
Occupation
IT
Congrats!

I'm super excited to get mine now. Lol, I'm order #3 at Friendly Ford with an order in for a ER SQM Lariat too (scheduled to be built next week).

Interesting that you got commercial plates, I've been worried about that because I live right off the Taconic and with the weight of the truck the regulations used to say any pickup >6k lbs had to have commercial tags. But, I did just check and the NYS DMV removed the weight restriction for passenger registration of pickups within the last week or so: https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/register-pick-truck-passenger-class-vehicle

So I'm wondering did the dealership just give you commercial plates or is it actually going to be used as a commercial vehicle?
My truck that I traded in had these plates and we just did a transfer for convenience at this time. I actually like the plates because I got them when NYS was doing these Fishing Plates and a lifetime fishing license together. I will probably swap them when the registration comes in to passenger plates now that there is no weight restriction as the plates are looking worn, but itā€™s not as urgent for me as I am on the other side of the Hudson and donā€™t travel the parkways much. I will probably put customized plates on as I have a few ideas floating around in my head.

Thatā€™s cool that you are getting it from Friendly Ford as well, I got my Mach E GTPE from them too. Good bunch of guys. I was the first Mach E GTPE they did and now the first Lightning! I think they like me as a customer. šŸ˜¬

MXHanz

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
Occupation
Classified
Some Hudson Valley love on the forum! Great looking truck, love the color. I was so torn between SQM, AMB, and Star White, but ended up going white. Seeing you guys posting pics, Iā€™m pretty sure you canā€™t go wrong with any of them.

I almost switched my reservation to Friendly after my nearest dealer (Sunshine) was very non-committal on ADM. I ended up hearing back from a different dealer on my side of the river and went there.

@computertreker I had a Toyota Tundra on 2007 that had to be registered commercial and what a pain that was. I think I ended up just going on the Taconic anyway and never really had a problem.

Good luck with your trucks guys, hope to see them around!

OP
OP
bogey928

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Some Hudson Valley love on the forum! Great looking truck, love the color. I was so torn between SQM, AMB, and Star White, but ended up going white. Seeing you guys posting pics, Iā€™m pretty sure you canā€™t go wrong with any of them.

I almost switched my reservation to Friendly after my nearest dealer (Sunshine) was very non-committal on ADM. I ended up hearing back from a different dealer on my side of the river and went there.

@computertreker I had a Toyota Tundra on 2007 that had to be registered commercial and what a pain that was. I think I ended up just going on the Taconic anyway and never really had a problem.

Good luck with your trucks guys, hope to see them around!
Iā€™m with you about Sunshine. I ordered my 2015 Mustang GT convertible from them no problem but I couldnā€™t get a firm no ADM on my Mach E GTPE so I moved on. So many dealers to choose from, at least 6 Ford Dealers around me within 30-40 minutes. Easy enough to shop around.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bogey928

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
This is the first front plate holder I've seen. Is it a no drill snap-on deal?

Thanks for the great images!
I took the plate off to swap out the license plate frame and itā€™s definitely bolted onto the bumper. I donā€™t mind itā€™s a necessary evil and the bumper on the truck is so big it just feels like itā€™s swallowed up and part of it.

I didnā€™t let them put the plate holder on my Mach E GTPE though, I used Craigā€™s Custom Mustang Bracket.

Ford F-150 Lightning My 2022 Smoked Quartz Metallic Lightning Lariat ER is home! 635B0728-8EF7-4E34-B208-3BB2A7B43087

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I took the plate off to swap out the license plate frame and itā€™s definitely bolted onto the bumper. I donā€™t mind itā€™s a necessary evil and the bumper on the truck is so big it just feels like itā€™s swallowed up and part of it.

I didnā€™t let them put the plate holder on my Mach E GTPE though, I used Craigā€™s Custom Mustang Bracket.

635B0728-8EF7-4E34-B208-3BB2A7B43087.jpeg
Wow! Thanks for the info. I thought it was snap on like ICE

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Thank you for the the picture. You've been very generous sharing your experience on this thread.

It's a necessary evil, but we can still hate them drilling (self-tapping!) through the virgin bumper covers. :eek:

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I have only had her a couple hours and I am thrilled! Here are some photos from my driveway.
Congratulations!

It's SO GREAT seeing board members finally getting their trucks.

Thanks for posting the photos, especially showing how the front license plate is mounted. It's always something I think of when I get something totally new.

OP
OP
bogey928

bogey928

First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Congratulations!

It's SO GREAT seeing board members finally getting their trucks.

Thanks for posting the photos, especially showing how the front license plate is mounted. It's always something I think of when I get something totally new.
Thanks Joe!

I know you already had the chance to drive one, but while you are waiting (it sucks they moved your production date back) if you ever want to come up to the Poughkeepsie area and check mine out just let me know. I'll even let you plug your Mach E in here to charge (Level 2 EVSE 48amp will have to do until SunRun sends me my Pro Charger) while we take the Lightning out.

-BJ
Sponsored