Sponsored

Lane keeping and bluecruise absurdly annoying. Can’t drive with it.

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
[/QUOTE]
No it's not just you and your sun glasses.... mine as well. Literally I'm starting to hate driving with any cruise mode on as it is more annoying than convenient at this point. So frustrating..
Ugh. I'm about to stick some googly eyes on them to see if that helps. It wasn't so bad over the fall/ winter but now that it's getting sunny I can see that it's going to be a constant issue. Yesterday I drove with only cruise and follow distance on and that kept it from yelling at me. Not too bad since I have to keep tugging on the steering anyway when lane keeping is on. I really thought it would have some sort of touch sensor built into the steering wheel.
Sponsored

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
Can't wear sunglasses ... only negative for me.

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
I don't have BC but the regular lane keeping warnings are quite annoying on absolutely straight roads (like Salem to Eugene). "bong bong bong" every minute unless I wiggle the steering wheel. The truck knows that the road is straight.

I also don't like that it drops out on curves, not that I need it but my wife hates the apparently random bings. I guess it is better than the Kia which silently stops the assist, which has caused a few crashes apparently, but there must be a better way.

Otherwise it is great, coming back through Seattle at night it was nice to have a little bit of lane keeping assistance while jockying through traffic.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I don't have BC but the regular lane keeping warnings are quite annoying on absolutely straight roads (like Salem to Eugene). "bong bong bong" every minute unless I wiggle the steering wheel. The truck knows that the road is straight.
I get this sometimes without even having ACC on so not even using lane-keep. The roads in Phoenix are too straight and the truck thinks my hands are off the wheel just because I haven't needed to course correct in awhile.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Polarized prescription sunglasses. Early on, with the Powerboost's original Bluecruise eye-scanning code, was quite frustrating. Enough so that I Forscan-disabled the "wicked witch".
But with the recent BC related updates that included CMR code, I turned her back on so that I could see for myself if Ford's claims had merit.
For my particular sunglasses, the reduction in nagging has diminished considerably in the truck. And with the recent acquisition of the Mach-E and it being already equipped with more mature software? I can't complain, to be honest.

Maui Jims, I think they are. With some kind of gold coating. I honestly don't know why they are so compatible, but I bet someone who understands the science could explain.

One thing for sure is that not all lens set off alerts equally. And Ford's updates are tweaking the CMR.

Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
Polarized prescription sunglasses. Early on, with the Powerboost's original Bluecruise eye-scanning code, was quite frustrating. Enough so that I Forscan-disabled the "wicked witch".
But with the recent BC related updates that included CMR code, I turned her back on so that I could see for myself if Ford's claims had merit.
Could you expand on the Forscan change you made? I haven't seen the mod you are referring to.

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Maui Jims, I think they are. With some kind of gold coating. I honestly don't know why they are so compatible, but I bet someone who understands the science could explain.
I also have Maui Jims and I find that I have less nag with them on than without them.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ

One thing for sure is that not all lens set off alerts equally. And Ford's updates are tweaking the CMR.
It's an infrared camera, and shines IR light at you. Polarized lenses can totally be opaque to some wavelengths or more specifically angles of light. That's what those computer privacy screens are about. Or why some monitors look like they are turned off when you have your polarized lenses in place.

Presumably if you have fewer issues with specific lenses, they are just letting all the IR light through. I don't know if that's good or bad for your eyes.
Sponsored