• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Leasing through someone other than Ford

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ford credit isn't passing through the $7500 and I believe that they also will not let you buy the vehicle at the end of the term. Has anyone found a third party leasing company that's giving the tax credits and will let you buy out the lease?
Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Ford credit isn't passing through the $7500 and I believe that they also will not let you buy the vehicle at the end of the term. Has anyone found a third party leasing company that's giving the tax credits and will let you buy out the lease?
I would find a Lightning you want at a dealer and head down to have them work it out with FC. My opinion of FC is very low based on prior contacts with them. I once called 3 different times about the same topic and received 3 different answers. When I spoke to the dealer I leased the truck through, I finally got the correct answer.

OP
OP

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I would find a Lightning you want at a dealer and head down to have them work it out with FC. My opinion of FC is very low based on prior contacts with them. I once called 3 different times about the same topic and received 3 different answers. When I spoke to the dealer I leased the truck through, I finally got the correct answer.
I have a truck on order that is getting built in a couple of weeks. I was trying to find options outside of the dealer first, just to be able to go in with something to negotiate with, or to just not have to deal with the dealership financing games.

OP
OP

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
What I've found so far is that it appears that ally bank will pass through the credit on a lease. There's not much info on their website, but my dealer comes up in the list on the ally site so there's that.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Heritage Bronco, 23' GC Limited
What I've found so far is that it appears that ally bank will pass through the credit on a lease. There's not much info on their website, but my dealer comes up in the list on the ally site so there's that.
From my experience research Jeep 4xE leases is that these different banks have very different rules. Some don’t allow buyouts, some don’t allow third party buyouts, some charge market value for buyout, some don’t allow lease transfers etc.

If you plan to lease the entire term without any option to end early (via buyout/sale/trade) then these Ally/USBank/Santander/etc leases are fine,

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Did you ask about the Ford Options plan?

OP
OP

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
That is not a lease. Leasing company can claim the full tax credit with no restrictions.
On top of that, it's also applying the tax credit up front instead of having to wait till tax time and then refinancing.

OP
OP

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
A follow up question, has anyone done a Ford commercial lease on their retail (not fleet) ordered lightning? Looks like those don't have a purchase restriction.
Sponsored