• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightningowner116

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Medical Sales
How much did the XPEL Stealth wrap cost?? Looks fantastic! Looking to get this done on mine as well.
Thanks,
Sponsored

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
which power running boards did you go with? I'm trying to put them on my Pro and haven't found ones that are available yet that fit!

OP
OP
FordTough98198

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
which power running boards did you go with? I'm trying to put them on my Pro and haven't found ones that are available yet that fit!
AMP is the brand

Sponsored
OP
OP
FordTough98198

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Consultant
Fixed it! See my latest edit to the photos. 😂

OP
OP
FordTough98198

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Consultant
Over 75% of Tesla’s around here do not have front license plates… Around 30% of all other vehicles don’t have license plates… I drove for seven months without a front license plate… Whether it’s legal or not nobody is obviously enforcing it. So if I get a fix it ticket, then I will put it back on.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
Over 75% of Tesla’s around here do not have front license plates… Around 30% of all other vehicles don’t have license plates… I drove for seven months without a front license plate… Whether it’s legal or not nobody is obviously enforcing it. So if I get a fix it ticket, then I will put it back on.
That's the case in a lot of places. I know cops who don't have a front plate on their personal rides.

I'm thinking to draft a bill for our state legislature to remove the front plate requirements, in the interest of "fuel economy". Anybody that can point me to any studies supporting the cause?

Of course, worth mentioning that losing the front plate also makes ALPR (automatic license plate readers) less effective for better (privacy) or worse (identifying wanted criminals).

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
This is the way.

Truck looks even better now. Cool emblem swap, too.

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
Rough Country chat and the 2” level / 3”Lift instructions plus Real Truck all stipulate, “not for trucks with blue cruise”. Did you have any technology issues with the lift and tire change? Blue cruise, lights, speedometer dot dot dot? Thanks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FordTough98198

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Consultant
Rough Country chat and the 2” level / 3”Lift instructions plus Real Truck all stipulate, “not for trucks with blue cruise”. Did you have any technology issues with the lift and tire change? Blue cruise, lights, speedometer dot dot dot? Thanks.
My truck has no issues with any of the tech since the lift was completed. All works as intended. I had to adjust my speedo with Forscan due to tires being larger. It’s dead on now.

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
My truck has no issues with any of the tech since the lift was completed. All works as intended. I had to adjust my speedo with Forscan due to tires being larger. It’s dead on now.
Thanks. I did the rough country 2” kit this past weekend. No issues until you run thru all the combinations and permutations of hole patterns. The 3 holes in the spacer to mount the spacer on the strut assembly are a no brainer but then there are 4 holes in the frame mount the assembly is reinstalled into for 3 bolts plus 6 holes in the spacer for those same 3 bolts. (For you mathematically knowledgeable it’s 4!x6!/3! possible choices) You need a drinking buddy a flashlight and a marker to help you when you get to this point.

Bluecruise is fine on my ‘22 Platinum.

I ran by a friends new hunter alignment lift and of all things, Lightnings not in his 3 month old lifts software load and the F150 series ends at ‘21. I’m in a EV desert and my advice for alignment after any work is call ahead to ensure the shops tools and software are up to date.
EDIT: The instructions I received from rough country were for an Plano F150, the box said Plano F150 even tho my order and confirmation stated Lightning. I called and was told “it’s the same” but I’ll email you the instructions which I never received and the instructions on the rough country website give you the equivalent of a 404 error. I’m done with Rough country. Same issues I had with their steps.

Last edited:

neversummer32

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning
This is awesome! I just picked up a red Lightning this weekend, also in the Seattle area. I'm looking to do something similar, and was talking to Rad Custom Rides in Issaquah. Who'd you get yours done by? How much did they charge for the front lights? I like the front LED bar, but agree it looks like cheap plastic. This is how it should look... Well done!

Also, how much of an impact did the leveling kit at the tires have on your range? I'm definitely willing to give up a little to beef the truck up a bit, but already have some range anxiety after only a few days, even though I've owned a few previous EVs (Tesla X and E-Golf).

So far, I'm incredibly stoked with this truck. I traded in a GMC 1500 Duramax AT4 for it, a truck I thought I'd have for life. But after it stranded me a few times, I was just done with GMC/Chevy. This is the first new Ford I've ever bought and I may officially be a convert.
Sponsored