• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Simsonic

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I am not a fan of red, but, this looks really, really good. Nicely done. Do you mind telling us how much the wrap cost?
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I am reminded of it every time I have to use the front camera. I used the Ford provided bracket and still blocks part of the view.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
More details please on how you did the lights. Is that film or paint? Any tips on the process is appreciated.

OP
OP
FordTough98198

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
More details please on how you did the lights. Is that film or paint? Any tips on the process is appreciated.
My painter removed them and kept only the front facing part unpainted. Everything else got blacked out and then clear coated. The rears are painted over with tinted clear coat.

Ford F-150 Lightning My Lightning Build is Complete… For Now! XPEL Stealth PPF, 2" Rough Country Lift Kit, A/T Tires, Painted Lightbars, Painted Wheels, Debadged & More 7877E3DE-381D-48C4-82D4-66114573BEF3

Ford F-150 Lightning My Lightning Build is Complete… For Now! XPEL Stealth PPF, 2" Rough Country Lift Kit, A/T Tires, Painted Lightbars, Painted Wheels, Debadged & More 97D467FC-FB9D-44D3-A0F1-22565855B061

Ford F-150 Lightning My Lightning Build is Complete… For Now! XPEL Stealth PPF, 2" Rough Country Lift Kit, A/T Tires, Painted Lightbars, Painted Wheels, Debadged & More CF79730C-6802-4C91-BD56-EAD01E7AA04B

Ford F-150 Lightning My Lightning Build is Complete… For Now! XPEL Stealth PPF, 2" Rough Country Lift Kit, A/T Tires, Painted Lightbars, Painted Wheels, Debadged & More AEDC32F8-1D59-4BB5-9324-2E156554ED6D

Ford F-150 Lightning My Lightning Build is Complete… For Now! XPEL Stealth PPF, 2" Rough Country Lift Kit, A/T Tires, Painted Lightbars, Painted Wheels, Debadged & More B6A8B434-490A-4934-9EA3-6F5C02BEAAFB

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My painter removed them and kept only the front facing part unpainted. Everything else got blacked out and then clear coated. The rears are painted over with tinted clear coat.
Love it. Thinner always looks more classy to me.

This helps a lot. Really appreciate it.

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
This looks sofaking good. Super tempted to do something similar to my antimatter blue, though doubtful I’d spring for the PPF as I’m too cheap.

Did you consider smoking the light bar instead? My least favorite part of the entire truck is how cheap the plastic looks (though looks much better on yours).

OP
OP
FordTough98198

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Consultant
This looks sofaking good. Super tempted to do something similar to my antimatter blue, though doubtful I’d spring for the PPF as I’m too cheap.

Did you consider smoking the light bar instead? My least favorite part of the entire truck is how cheap the plastic looks (though looks much better on yours).
I did that first. Looked great in the day and terrible at night.

Ford F-150 Lightning My Lightning Build is Complete… For Now! XPEL Stealth PPF, 2" Rough Country Lift Kit, A/T Tires, Painted Lightbars, Painted Wheels, Debadged & More 8AAA9E37-58D0-433A-9EDB-D872CEA1765F

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
Thx for sharing.

Great job on yours - you’ve made your Lightning look as cool as many of us hope to do to ours.

Time for me to take the range hit and do the lift and ATs, and presumably copy your light bar. Thx for sharing and please do post a pic or two from nighttime when you have

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
I did that first. Looked great in the day and terrible at night.

8AAA9E37-58D0-433A-9EDB-D872CEA1765F.jpeg
Do you have any pics of the tinted light bar at night? I agree that it looks great in the day, especially in the Platinum trim, but I’m not sure I have seen it at night. I was planning on tinting the light bars when I receive my Platinum. It has shipped already, so hopefully soon!

To echo everyone else’s feedback, your truck looks awesome!

Sponsored
OP
OP
FordTough98198

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Consultant
Do you have any pics of the tinted light bar at night? I agree that it looks great in the day, especially in the Platinum trim, but I’m not sure I have seen it at night. I was planning on tinting the light bars when I receive my Platinum. It has shipped already, so hopefully soon!

To echo everyone else’s feedback, your truck looks awesome!
I didn’t keep photos of it. I did the painted version because wrapping with tint is not perfect due to all the edges, bends and corners. So mine was sprayed with a tinted clear coat. When the light was on it looked uneven and blotchy. Thanks for the compliment!

Ajjra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Looks fantastic! Completely different looking truck. Well done.

How is the difference in ride quality with the 2 inch pucks on the front suspension?

OP
OP
FordTough98198

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Consultant
Looks fantastic! Completely different looking truck. Well done.

How is the difference in ride quality with the 2 inch pucks on the front suspension?
I was really surprised at how “normal” and the same it feels as before I did it. I expected the tires to be loud and rougher riding too, but I took advice of others and ensured they were properly inflated for pavement and the whole set up rides really well. I’m impressed.

Ajjra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
I was really surprised at how “normal” and the same it feels as before I did it. I expected the tires to be loud and rougher riding too, but I took advice of others and ensured they were properly inflated for pavement and the whole set up rides really well. I’m impressed.
That’s great. What tire pressure are you running on pavement?