• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

License plate relocation

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
Here is another solution for those needing a front plate mount and not wanting to drill holes in their truck. This is a grille clamp on design that I have been running for over a month without issues. If you have access to a 3D printer and are looking for something a little more symmetrical (and not blocking the sensors), then this may be a solution. So far I am not seeing any issues with airflow/temperature rise but I have not run in temperatures over 90deg F very much.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6253606

I included original STP format files along with the STL files out there if some of the creative folks on the forum want to improve on the design.

Front Plate Frame.jpg

Front Plate Mount.jpg
My dealer inadvertently tested my front plate bracket this week when trying to work on the low voltage battery sensor recall. The license plate did not fare well but the bracket hung in there. Somehow they also broke off the windshield washer tank cap, and lost a panel clip, so overall not a good day for them and a less than stellar experience for me . At least I have full confidence in my license plate bracket.

Ford F-150 Lightning License plate relocation IMG_0827

Ford F-150 Lightning License plate relocation IMG_0828

AWDAudi

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
IT Director
I can confirm this is a good design. I've been using and liking it!
Sponsored