• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Mounting Accessory For A Front License Plate

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
My 2023 Lightning had indentations for where to drill the holes for the stock OEM plastic front bracket which came with my truck - they are located just under where the Frunk meets the bumper.

A pack of screws and 2 rivets also came with the truck for mounting the license plate holders front and back.

The rivets were too big for my rivet gun, but I found that the two screws that go at the top of the mounting bracket hold the bracket snugly. I will borrow a larger rivet gun to put the rivets on some day.

Here are 2 pics of my mounted bracket:
Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Mounting Accessory For A Front License Plate 1706718236040

The top of the plastic bracket, behind the license plate has two holes that line up with the indentations to drill out. Lower inside the bracket behind the license plate are two holes for rivets to secure the bracket to the lower part of the bumper - no indentations there so drill the rivet holes after mounting the bracket with the upper screws to ensure the align correctly.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lightning Mounting Accessory For A Front License Plate 1706718055489
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
Hmmm…. Old thread resurrected from the dead. There are a handful of options out there now. I bought a front plate holder that clamps onto a front tow hook. Don’t like drilling holes in my vehicles when I don’t have to. That’s just lazy design from the manufacturer anyway. I guess they don’t like front plates any more than their customers do, but for many of us it’s required.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I pulled the two posts above from the original ICE thread.

Carry on.............

Sponsored

The Unc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Tech
^^^
The BEST alternative that I have tried!

SnapPlate is simply an example of how amazing 3D printing is... Fantastic product!!

Highly Recommended-

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
Agreed, ordered one myself, love no holes and removable

The Unc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Tech
The SnapPlate bracket is very secure and is height adjustable... I can't say enough about this product!

Amazing.

Box Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Given its position, wouldn't it partially reduce air flow to the radiator?
Sponsored