• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Chassis / Battery Overview @ The Work Truck Show

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I haven't noticed anyone post this, it's a relatively new video with a Ford rep going over the Chassis. Not a lot of new information, but I found it informative despite my hourly F150 news consumption :)

Some notes:

* Chassis is brand new from the bottom up.
* Less cross rails than the ICE counterpart due to battery adding rigidity.
* 4 bolts on each side and a brace holds up the battery. "Dealers have special hoist" to be able to lower the battery after removing just 8 bolts. Heard some similar claims bout easy battery removal, but this seems to be pretty clear that it's relatively easy to remove the battery.
* Extended and Standard range battery compartments are the same. Extended range just fills up the "hump" on the rear with batteries, but for standard it's empty space.
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
nice to know that the battery 'hump' in the rear area is simply to provide room for those 'extra' cells that create the Extended Range version - no difference in the overall size of the battery case, itself, which is smart - it makes for EASY switching out of batteries, and maybe even the 'upgrade' from an SR to and ER in the future. I imagine there might be additional hardware/inverter/chargers for the ER, but that at least will probably not hinder the battery swap.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
nice to know that the battery 'hump' in the rear area is simply to provide room for those 'extra' cells that create the Extended Range version - no difference in the overall size of the battery case, itself, which is smart - it makes for EASY switching out of batteries, and maybe even the 'upgrade' from an SR to and ER in the future.
It is also nice to know that the battery can be removed with just 8 bolts.

Did anyone order an ER in the mid-atlantic region? I've got a SR and would like to meet up to...chat. Bring your truck pls and I'll bring my ratchet.

Last edited:

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Battery heists—just eight bolts and only about a ton heavier than catalytic converters. :unsure:

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Battery heists—just eight bolts and only about a ton heavier than catalytic converters. :unsure:
Nothing a couple of dollies can't solve.

How much is a cat worth these days? $300? $500?
That battery pack is probably at least $10,000.

Bang for the buck.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Nothing a couple of dollies can't solve.

How much is a cat worth these days? $300? $500?
That battery pack is probably at least $10,000.

Bang for the buck.
Especially if it can be broken up to add ER to a few trucks lol.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Given how they are going after catalytic converters here, I would be more than happy to have one of them crawl under my Lightning and try to take the battery. Heck, I would sit out with my lawn chair and a beer and cheer em on!
Sponsored