• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning on display at Barrett Jackson

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I was at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale today and Ford had a Lightning on display so I finally got to check one out. Definitely going to need a cover for the bed as we tend to pack a lot of stuff on road trips. Overall I was pleased and can't wait to test drive. I hope to have my Lightning ordered by the end of Jan. There are 2 Lightning's up for auction at the end of the week. One for charity, had some nice wheels but otherwise looked stock.

Other notes from the show:
Hummer had their SUV on display, but no touch. Too big for my taste. Chevy had no EV's but plenty of C8 corvettes. Saw a handful of other EV's, surprisingly I was disappointed in the Lucid Air. Back seat was just plain awful. There was a Lyriq but didn't check it out. Ram was doing demo rides in their TRX, which was VERY cool and fun. Highly recommend if anyone is going later in the week. That truck is nice, very roomy and after catching some significant air, the landing was a lot smoother than I was anticipating.
Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I was at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale today and Ford had a Lightning on display so I finally got to check one out. Definitely going to need a cover for the bed as we tend to pack a lot of stuff on road trips. Overall I was pleased and can't wait to test drive. I hope to have my Lightning ordered by the end of Jan. There are 2 Lightning's up for auction at the end of the week. One for charity, had some nice wheels but otherwise looked stock.

Other notes from the show:
Hummer had their SUV on display, but no touch. Too big for my taste. Chevy had no EV's but plenty of C8 corvettes. Saw a handful of other EV's, surprisingly I was disappointed in the Lucid Air. Back seat was just plain awful. There was a Lyriq but didn't check it out. Ram was doing demo rides in their TRX, which was VERY cool and fun. Highly recommend if anyone is going later in the week. That truck is nice, very roomy and after catching some significant air, the landing was a lot smoother than I was anticipating.
I'm sure you already have your mind set on ordering, but there are so many mannequins on the market now with their demo periods ending, all still available with full factory warranties, 2023 deleted features installed standard and with the price hikes, and likely very similarly priced to a 2023 considering most dealer's have now been humbled and realized they are never getting their outrageous ADM. If you're looking to get a Lariat, have you considered buying a mannequin you can pick up today?

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm sure you already have your mind set on ordering, but there are so many mannequins on the market now with their demo periods ending, all still available with full factory warranties, 2023 deleted features installed standard and with the price hikes, and likely very similarly priced to a 2023 considering most dealer's have now been humbled and realized they are never getting their outrageous ADM. If you're looking to get a Lariat, have you considered buying a mannequin you can pick up today?
I am tempted, but having a hard time finding something near by that fits the bill. Not sure I'm comfortable buying sigh unseen from out of state and I don't have the time or motivation to travel out of state for one. I may wait and see what Feb brings. I heard a few people mention trucks getting traded back in to dealers cuz of the HVB disconnect issue. Maybe we'll see an increase in used availability soon.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am tempted, but having a hard time finding something near by that fits the bill. Not sure I'm comfortable buying sigh unseen from out of state and I don't have the time or motivation to travel out of state for one. I may wait and see what Feb brings. I heard a few people mention trucks getting traded back in to dealers cuz of the HVB disconnect issue. Maybe we'll see an increase in used availability soon.
Wwll that makes sense, you've gotta decide what works best for you!

HVB disconnect issue? What am I missing here?

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wwll that makes sense, you've gotta decide what works best for you!

HVB disconnect issue? What am I missing here?
Sorry! Typo, thinking one thing (LVB) and typed another (HVB). I was referring to the power loss issue where you have to disconnect the 12v to reset everything. This is also on my mind a lot, as I've been hit 3 times with battery problems on my Subaru Legacy. Luckily I was able to get jumps and run to an auto part shop for a new battery (twice under warranty).

Wife is still on the fence due to the price tag. We'll see how she feels after a test drive. Who knows, maybe she'll flip 180 and ask me how soon...:LOL:

Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry! Typo, thinking one thing (LVB) and typed another (HVB). I was referring to the power loss issue where you have to disconnect the 12v to reset everything. This is also on my mind a lot, as I've been hit 3 times with battery problems on my Subaru Legacy. Luckily I was able to get jumps and run to an auto part shop for a new battery (twice under warranty).

Wife is still on the fence due to the price tag. We'll see how she feels after a test drive. Who knows, maybe she'll flip 180 and ask me how soon...:LOL:
Ahhh yeah, I gotcha. Had me worried there for a second that there was a new issue I wasn't aware of! But yeah I've experienced that issue myself. The only thing I can say is once installing the aftermarket cutoff switch (see the post for that) for quick and easy resets, it has made 12V resets significantly easier and I may be starting to recognize a pattern for when the 12V system drains uncommanded.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I saw the post but hadn't read up on it yet. I'll make a note to check it out at lunch. I'm intrigued about the apparent pattern you've recognized. Almost feel like an insider watching all you early adopters tackle these issues. It's been fun even without the truck. :D
Sponsored