• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning Pro with cloth seats spotted

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
After owning a black model 3 I will never get a black car again. Looks so good after a wash but then gets super dirty in a couple days.
When I lived in (rains every day) Florida, it took a couple of hours for black car to look dirty after a wash.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Yeah that's why I got black as well. There is also the option of painting or maybe wrapping the bumper to match any color you want. The white truck with black bumper is the worst looking in my opinion
That Anti-Matter Blue which is supposedly really dark in person might be nice on the Pro. Gives it a little flair while still matching the Bumpers, mirror, and omitted front Light Bar.

OP
OP

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
That Anti-Matter Blue which is supposedly really dark in person might be nice on the Pro. Gives it a little flair while still matching the Bumpers, mirror, and omitted front Light Bar.
Agreed the antimatter blue might be my favourite color.. However I believe would still have all the same issues as a black one in terms of keeping it clean

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Yeah that's why I got black as well. There is also the option of painting or maybe wrapping the bumper to match any color you want. The white truck with black bumper is the worst looking in my opinion
Agreed. I would consider White in another trim, but not on the Pro with unpainted bumpers. That looks too much like a company truck. Although it would be funny to debadge it and put lawn company magnets on the side and then surprise people with a 4.5s 0-60 time haha. Not worth it, but it would be funny.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Are the Black Bumpers paintable? Worth the time/effort/cost?

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I call BS on any sources claiming the Lightning Pro is a Loss leader. It's just not going to be as much of a Profit Pig as the higher trims. So they want to make it as unappealing as possible, while still having it in the lineup to lure drivers in at the lower MSRP so that they can upsell them onto the higher trims.

It's quite possible that the cloth will be available only to fleet customers like the extended range battery.

ZDog

First Name
Jac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70
Occupation
Retired
Agreed the antimatter blue might be my favourite color.. However I believe would still have all the same issues as a black one in terms of keeping it clean
I stopped at my local dealer a few days ago just to try to find Lightning colors on other models outside and happened to find an Agate Black car parked next to an Antimatter Blue one. It was pretty cloudy and neither car was freshly washed, but both look black, although the Antimatter Blue looks less intensely black than the Agate Black color if you stand back and compare. However, if you get up close to the Antimatter Blue you definitely see metallic flakes reflecting blue. It is pretty subtle but I think it’s a cool paint. My current first choice for my Lightning is Antimatter Blue.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
I call BS on any sources claiming the Lightning Pro is a Loss leader. It's just not going to be as much of a Profit Pig as the higher trims. So they want to make it as unappealing as possible, while still having it in the lineup to lure drivers in at the lower MSRP so that they can upsell them onto the higher trims.

It's quite possible that the cloth will be available only to fleet customers like the extended range battery.
Because it is BS. I remember a video Ford put out saying that even at $39,974, the truck is profitable.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
Don't get your hopes up on cloth seats in the PRO. You should have seen the first builds of the Broncos that went to crash tests. Mixed dash colors, mixed seat colors, etc. The rumors were flying until we realized that they grab any combo for the test trucks that are heading to the crusher.

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
Color looks like Lead Foot, not Carbonized Grey.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
If I ain't happy with the seat coverings in the Pro, it's a Katzkinz truck within a week.
If it can be had with a nice cloth seat, then no need to "Go Lariat" with Katskinz. :)

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
Rapid red would look nice too. I wonder if that color would even be available on the Pro?

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
If I ain't happy with the seat coverings in the Pro, it's a Katzkinz truck within a week.
If it can be had with a nice cloth seat, then no need to "Go Lariat" with Katskinz. :)
Still hoping cloth seat option for the Pro trim!
Hating having to go up to XLT for cloth seats.

Cloth seats a must after 20 years of scorching hot leather....

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning