• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning specific 80AMP Continuous TeslaTap adapter 15% off coupon (Limited time)

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
I was buying one of these and asked for a group buy code. Got a LIGHTNING fast response! ;)

Link to adapter

Use purchase code "Lightning"

Why care about this version?
  • The MINI 80 is a MAX of 80 AMPs, 64 AMPs continuous per NEC
  • The MINI Lightning is a MAX of 100 AMPs, 80 AMPs continuous per NEC
If you're using Tesla destination chargers that support 80 amps or are just future proofing, this is the deal for you.

NOTE: This doesn't work with Superchargers
Sponsored

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I was buying one of these and asked for a group buy code. Got a LIGHTNING fast response! ;)

Link to adapter

If you're using Tesla destination chargers that support 80 amps or are just future proofing, this is the deal for you.

Love the adapter and the code. Hate that they couldn't even use the correct Lightning logo 🙄

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I didn’t realize Tesla made any 80A Destination chargers. Gen 1 wall connectors were capable of 80A.

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I know that the TeslaTap is an incredibly well made product, but in driving non-Tesla EVs for a few years, I've never had the need to use a Tesla destination charger. There's a lot of Level 2 charging out there if that's what you're looking for.

OP
OP
2wheeltraveler

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I know that the TeslaTap is an incredibly well made product, but in driving non-Tesla EVs for a few years, I've never had the need to use a Tesla destination charger. There's a lot of Level 2 charging out there if that's what you're looking for.
It wouldn’t be for everyone… my use cases:
  • Traveling to friends house with a Tesla home charger I can use, where I have to charge to make it back home (hang more with them vs hang out in a parking lot)
  • Heading out to TX countryside / smaller towns where there is little to no public charging infrastructure available but they have started installing destination/home chargers in places you’ll spend a few hours, expanding your options

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

Link to adapter

It's 15% off $320?!?!

Yeah, no.

I'd chill on the Tesla adapters, things are about to rapidly change with Tesla opening up their network. Soon, I imagine, Tesla will sell a much more affordable adapter themselves.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Nice discount. I paid full price several months ago, but since I paid full price I didn't opt for the "old" lightning logo.

The use case is huge for many of us with a Tesla in the garage and already have a WC and not interested in installing the POS from Ford which most can't even get connected to Wifi.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
I mean it might just be my area, but around me, almost all the public level 2 J1772 charging I see is just 6.6kw clipper creek units. But in the area there are several Tesla destination chargers that put out 16KW. If I'm stopping for less than an hour, 6.6kw is almost not even worth plugging in for. 16KW is actually a decent option for topping off a few percent.

Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Ouch. Too late to return my mini-80 now!

OP
OP
2wheeltraveler

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I mean it might just be my area, but around me, almost all the public level 2 J1772 charging I see is just 6.6kw clipper creek units. But in the area there are several Tesla destination chargers that put out 16KW. If I'm stopping for less than an hour, 6.6kw is almost not even worth plugging in for. 16KW is actually a decent option for topping off a few percent.
Same here... I only see 6.6 or 50+, not much of anything in between and for the lightning, a couple hours on 6.6 isn't worth the hassle outside of an emergency.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

Link to adapter

Do they sell one that works with the Superchargers?

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Do they sell one that works with the Superchargers?
It’s not the adapter, it’s the communication. Even if you stole Teslas magic dock, your truck won’t be able to authenticate with the network, at least not until Tesla expands more.
Sponsored