• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

List of OTA updates ?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Is the Power Up version found in the XXXX_PRODUCT number?

1694655636901.png
No, it does not. Your Fordpass app if you have it connected will tell you which update you got. Or, someone with PTS can check with your VIN. Only APIM updates have a chance to give you a higher Sync version.

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning - Antimatter Blue
If you have received an OTA, does that mean that any previous OTA's have already been installed? I successfully completed OTA 4.2.3.1 sometime in June (I know this because I have the voice feedback feature). I show that OTA 23-PU0306-BCF-DET attempted but failed. I can no longer initiate updates as the button is greyed out. Auto updates are toggled on.

I need to take the truck in for my 10,000 mile maintenance, and was hoping to ask the dealer to push through any new updates while the truck is in the shop, but feel I should bring a list as I am sure they won't know which ones to push through unless I make it fool-proof. Any way to get a list of what I want them to install? I figure it will include the following:
22-PU0722-DC-CHG3
23-PU0327-DSP-AMP

and maybe these (they were all released in June - not sure on the order):
23-PU0503-CON-FX
22-PU0929-BLM-UP
23-PU0105-DC-CHG2

@rugedraw, have you updated your very helpful excel document lately?

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
If you have received an OTA, does that mean that any previous OTA's have already been installed? I successfully completed OTA 4.2.3.1 sometime in June (I know this because I have the voice feedback feature). I show that OTA 23-PU0306-BCF-DET attempted but failed. I can no longer initiate updates as the button is greyed out. Auto updates are toggled on.

I need to take the truck in for my 10,000 mile maintenance, and was hoping to ask the dealer to push through any new updates while the truck is in the shop, but feel I should bring a list as I am sure they won't know which ones to push through unless I make it fool-proof. Any way to get a list of what I want them to install? I figure it will include the following:
22-PU0722-DC-CHG3
23-PU0327-DSP-AMP

and maybe these (they were all released in June - not sure on the order):
23-PU0503-CON-FX
22-PU0929-BLM-UP
23-PU0105-DC-CHG2

@rugedraw, have you updated your very helpful excel document lately?
I have not. Due to some personal issues, I have not spent any time lately on this, but I've been lurking around.

Yes, you can receive OTA's out of the sequence in which they were released. When performing module updates manually with FDRS, there are certain modules that take precedence over others. However, when they come OTA, the GWM module in your truck is responsible for checking updates packages and not allowing an update to go through that will cause config issues due to the state of software of other modules. I have seen cases where PTS will show an OTA rolling back the software it installed.

What I can tell you is that you cannot take those OTA's you listed to the dealer. When they plug your truck into FDRS, they will see what modules you have pending updates, but it will not show the OTA's that coincide with those updates you listed. Later on from home, I can provide you with a list of updates pending in FDRS for your truck so that they can't give you the "it's up to date" line. However, Ford does not pay dealers for the hours it takes to update modules (even under warranty), so I would not have high hopes that they perform the updates you are missing.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
I have not. Due to some personal issues, I have not spent any time lately on this, but I've been lurking around.

Yes, you can receive OTA's out of the sequence in which they were released. When performing module updates manually with FDRS, there are certain modules that take precedence over others. However, when they come OTA, the GWM module in your truck is responsible for checking updates packages and not allowing an update to go through that will cause config issues due to the state of software of other modules. I have seen cases where PTS will show an OTA rolling back the software it installed.

What I can tell you is that you cannot take those OTA's you listed to the dealer. When they plug your truck into FDRS, they will see what modules you have pending updates, but it will not show the OTA's that coincide with those updates you listed. Later on from home, I can provide you with a list of updates pending in FDRS for your truck so that they can't give you the "it's up to date" line. However, Ford does not pay dealers for the hours it takes to update modules (even under warranty), so I would not have high hopes that they perform the updates you are missing.
I hope Ford figures out a better update plan. The OTA update is one of my only frustrations with my Lighting. To see that there are updates available to the Lighting, that have not been “released” to my VIN is so annoying, particularly when several of the updates were released before I bought the truck, so it should have been updated before I was handed the keys.

I would love a USB service port path so I can download the updates on a computer and plug it into the truck. That way I can either wait for the OTA or manually do it myself.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I hope Ford figures out a better update plan. The OTA update is one of my only frustrations with my Lighting. To see that there are updates available to the Lighting, that have not been “released” to my VIN is so annoying, particularly when several of the updates were released before I bought the truck, so it should have been updated before I was handed the keys.

I would love a USB service port path so I can download the updates on a computer and plug it into the truck. That way I can either wait for the OTA or manually do it myself.
I agree that their OTA process is garbage. You used to be able to update via USB with Sync 3.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I spent some time doing research through my screen shots and the forum for my posts. These are the updates I find that I have received and a few at the bottom of my list I don't think I received, but are valid updates. I've got a '22 Lariat with MaxTow.

I didn't recall tracking the Sync version, but I found I have several of them documented. I added those versions and the dates I took the picture. I don't know exactly which prior release bumped Sync to the version I show, but likely one of the last ones in the log before I list the version.

Ford F-150 Lightning List of OTA updates ? 1697079517763

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I spent some time doing research through my screen shots and the forum for my posts. These are the updates I find that I have received and a few at the bottom of my list I don't think I received, but are valid updates. I've got a '22 Lariat with MaxTow.

I didn't recall tracking the Sync version, but I found I have several of them documented. I added those versions and the dates I took the picture. I don't know exactly which prior release bumped Sync to the version I show, but likely one of the last ones in the log before I list the version.

1697079517763.png
This is great stuff! Especially the older ones. A few months back, Ford changed the way PTS displays the release notes and you can no longer see certain info related to the update including revision number.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN