• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OTA Updates

Tommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Hey Folks,

i’ve had my Lariat ER for a little over a month now. I see people posting about getting updates in the past few days. I haven’t received any kind of notification that there are any updates available for me. Is there some reason that I’m not getting notifications, or is it random when you get updates available? Or… Since I’ve only had mine for about a month, is it possible that everything is up-to-date? I think I have all of my settings in line to receive the updates. I have it on Wi-Fi when I’m at home. Here is a pic of the software updates page in FordPass.
Ford F-150 Lightning OTA Updates IMG_2979
Sponsored

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
It’s pretty random it seems when you get updates OTA.

OP
OP
Tommy

Tommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
OK…Thanks… I just want to make sure that I’m doing everything that I can do to be ready for them when they drop. I assume that my 12v battery stays charged, as I drive it everyday.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
You are set fine. New trucks come updated as when their components are programmed, so that's why you haven't received any. Could be months before you see any.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Based on my MachE, I expect about 6 months after purchase before we start seeing updates. Join the conversation in your build-week thread and start calling out there when anyone starts getting updates. The rest of you probably should too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tommy

Tommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
You are set fine. New trucks come updated as when their components are programmed, so that's why you haven't received any. Could be months before you see any.
Thanks for the info! That puts me at ease!

iLikeRocks94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Gotta disagree here. The OTA update that removed the phony "100" from the battery meter ( Priority Update 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM in early-ish July) still hasn't been pushed to mine, which I got in October. Haven't received a single OTA update, powerup or syn, ever. Ford has huge issues with their update pushes and there isn't any definitive answer from anyone.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Gotta disagree here. The OTA update that removed the phony "100" from the battery meter ( Priority Update 22-PU0930-RBA-CHM in early-ish July) still hasn't been pushed to mine, which I got in October. Haven't received a single OTA update, powerup or syn, ever. Ford has huge issues with their update pushes and there isn't any definitive answer from anyone.
The question was whether they were setup fine for OTA updates. They are. Whether you receive any updates for a specific period of time or not is up to Ford.

Your vehicle will get OTA updates when Ford is ready to give it OTA updates, provided you are setup for them as they are.
Sponsored