• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

List of Features/Confirmed Fixes Made Available Through OTA

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Hi all,

I’m gearing up for my fight with @Ford Motor Company I’d like to draw up a list of features and fixes that have been made available through OTA.

I know most of this list applies to Job 1 trucks and somewhat to Job 2 so far, but I suspect that will change.

So far, I have:

FEATURES ADDED:
- Apple Car Play Turn by Turn in Gauge Cluster
- Amazon Alexa capability
- Cameras on at speed
- Horn/lights in FordPass

CONFIRMED ERROR FIXES:
- SiriusXM page resets
- CarPlay dosconnects
- OTA Scheduler restored
- Control ProPower Onboard with FordPass restored

PROMISED FUTURE FEATURES/FIXES (not delivered):
- BlueCruise

perhaps @iceman77 or @Jesse-Infotainment can chime in?
Sponsored

Last edited:

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
To add to the confirmed error list:

- Adaptive Cruise Control Speed Sign recognition does not retain settings in SYNC after vehicle restart. There is a thread about it here. This bug was introduced by PowerUp 2.3.0 OTA.

- Lane Centering randomly shuts off while on Cruise Control for no apparent reason. There is a lengthy thread about it here

- SYNC boot animation gets randomly replaced with blank white screen. Example here. This bug was introduced by PowerUp 2.3.0 OTA.

OP
OP

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To add to the confirmed error list:

- Adaptive Cruise Control Speed Sign recognition does not retain settings in SYNC after vehicle restart. There is a thread about it here. This bug was introduced by PowerUp 2.3.0 OTA.

- Lane Centering randomly shuts off while on Cruise Control for no apparent reason. There is a lengthy thread about it here

- SYNC boot animation gets randomly replaced with blank white screen. Example here. This bug was introduced by PowerUp 2.3.0 OTA.
thanks, I’m trying to build a list of issues that were FIXED by OTA to show that affected users are missing out in their ownership experience

iceman77

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Platinum
thanks, I’m trying to build a list of issues that were FIXED by OTA to show that affected users are missing out in their ownership experience
OTA Scheduler was fixed by PowerUp 2.3.0 OTA.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
For Powerboost, ability to control Pro Power remotely via Bluetooth has been restored.

Edit: I should clarify. I think the APIM update does it. But I’ve updated so many modules over the last week that I don’t know for certain.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
updated, thanks

OP
OP

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn't think anyone has gotten the ability to view cameras at speed on a Job 1 build yet, even with OTA updates. I would love to be wrong though!
its very possible I’m wrong on some of these, trying to compile so much info gets confusing, that’s why I started this

CBGray

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 2.7L EB Screw 4x4 501A
Occupation
Software
Also something that I just noticed regarding Apple CarPlay - though this may have been there and I hadn't noticed, or it came with the turn info in cluster gauge, but you can now select an Apple CarPlay side card in that narrow side card carousel. It happened to default to that side card yesterday when I was following CarPlay turn-by-turn directions. I easily could have missed that from before, but just wanted to mention it on the chance it was new and others didn't know about it.

libby2cm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150.. 2021 on order
Occupation
IT Manager
The OTA update capability is BS, and largely seems like smoke and mirrors. Further confirmed by the fact that I still have to buy a 48 hr FDRS license (for my under warranty vehicle) to update code in all modules, because nothing is pushed. And, of course, dealer will give you the 25 year run around of 'if you aren't having the issue in the TSB, no updates for you!'. Joke!
Sponsored