• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Flurry of OTA Updates - Power-Up 6.8.0

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
In the last two weeks, my 2023 Lightning Pro SR has received four different OTA updates, after a v-e-r-y long stretch with none. They didn't seem to make much difference - at least in the user/driver experience - until the one today: Power-Up 6.8.0.

The driver display appears to have several minor tweaks and one major change: It now reports the SOC in the left hand part of the display. Yea!! I know others got this much-requested improvement months ago, and now my Lightning has it, too.

As someone who calcs range in his head based on the SOC and the conditions of the route ahead (I often cross EV deserts and have pushed the range indicator to single digits many times), this is a big deal for me. It saves me from having to pull up the charging screen in the center display repeatedly during a road trip.

Ford F-150 Lightning Flurry of OTA Updates - Power-Up 6.8.0 Dash-Dec2023
Sponsored

tubby

First Name
Press
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
I received the 6.8 update days ago, but my display did not change. My SOC still shows 100 all the time.
CHANGE: My SOC does now show the percentage of battery left and is not at 100 all the time. Very nice feature except now I look at it all the time. :)

Last edited:

eyeguy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 XLT, 2011 Shelby GT 500, 2016 Fusion
Occupation
Self employed
My 2023 Lariat ER has had the 6.5 update downloaded but has not updated for a week. It keeps postponing the install. I have attempted a few times to update manually with out success. Doesn't sound like I am missing much though.

Sponsored

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
When did you get your truck? I've got a 2023 pro sr also and still haven't gotten anything

OP
OP
On the Road with Ralph

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
When did you get your truck? I've got a 2023 pro sr also and still haven't gotten anything
My 2023 Pro SR was built in early December 2022 and I took delivery in late January 2023.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
guess it doesnt matter now but the "calm screen" always had the battery percentage.
I like the calm screen the best. I'm a "not-very -calm" person, so it helps. I only use one of the other screens when I need to know the Miles/kW stat on a trip (when I'm crossing an EV desert.)

MTcowpoke

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many diesels and a Lightning
Occupation
Rancher
My 311A XLT said it updated to 6.8.0 a couple days ago. It didn't have the numerical SOC yet. I went on my first multi DCFC trip that day and yesterday the numbers appeared after I was parked in a second floor underground parking garage at a medical clinic.:) Go figure. It was great to have as I still had a 310 mile return trip last night and helped me as I learn the amount of charge I need for each leg of the trip.

nathanjaybar

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, Extended Range
Is there any "trick" to getting our trucks to acknowledge an OTA update? I've only had the truck for about 2 1/2 months so I can't say I've been waiting that long, but I really can't wait for the percentage update in the latest OTA that is mentioned so frequently. I've tried to even see what Power-Up I'm on but I don't see any of that information. From what I understand, you need to do an update before the truck will display which version you're on?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Is there any "trick" to getting our trucks to acknowledge an OTA update? I've only had the truck for about 2 1/2 months so I can't say I've been waiting that long, but I really can't wait for the percentage update in the latest OTA that is mentioned so frequently. I've tried to even see what Power-Up I'm on but I don't see any of that information. From what I understand, you need to do an update before the truck will display which version you're on?
I've had my truck for 6 months with no OTA updates, so I know the feeling. It seems that the only 23 model year trucks that have gotten updates were made early in 23 process. And it seems that they may have only recently begun getting updates again, seems like someone may have mentioned nothing since June/July.

So you're not alone, but I'm afraid that we just have to wait until Ford puts us in the queue.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
OTA in my experience with my 2021 Mach-e caused major unreliability issues this year. It also started with a mass of almost daily OTA updates then every day it would not boot up the center screen properly or would continue to reboot. Dealership couldn't fix it. I shut OTA off immediately with my XLT ER and will not do them, I'll drop off Dealership if and when they are really needed.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
OTA in my experience with my 2021 Mach-e caused major unreliability issues this year. It also started with a mass of almost daily OTA updates then every day it would not boot up the center screen properly or would continue to reboot. Dealership couldn't fix it. I shut OTA off immediately with my XLT ER and will not do them, I'll drop off Dealership if and when they are really needed.
Yeah, I have my TCU disconnected for cybersecurity reasons, but I would still have auto-updates disabled even if it was still connected. I only ever connected it for updates and its been eight months since I last updated. I am happy as can be to stay on 4.1.2. Sure there are very occasional minor glitches but all in all it's a reliable iteration and nothing in the updates has been noteworthy enough for me to take a gamble.

Maybe when we finally have confirmed reports of success with the new updates and when Ford rolls out the CSP BMS update, I'll go ahead with it. But until then, nothing demonstrated in updates is worth the reliability of my truck.

Reactions: JRT