• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mach E Price cut again

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
They are also trying to stay competitive against Tesla since there's a competing product. They also need to keep vehicles from piling up on lots. I'm guessing they are going to do more of this constantly adjusting MSRP as opposed to offering different discounts like they would have in the past.
Ford is trying to move towards fixed pricing on their EV lineup and a sales model that is more direct to consumer.
The lightning will keep going up as long as they are selling trucks and there's not really any competitive products in the market.

OP
OP

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
It should also be noted that the models getting LFP are now losing half of their tax credit. Price goes down 3000/4000 and credit went down 3750. I suspect there are no domestic LFP plants to supply them yet. I am curious to hear how well the LFP performs under Fords technology though. Non LFP have that hidden buffer they dont let you see. Will they do the same with LFP? Will they upfront tell you to charge it to 100% everyday? hopefully they will learn a little before it shows up in the lightning. Since the lightning battery is proportionately bigger you could expect a price drop of at least 3000 on SR once LFP comes out and CT/Chevy come out.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Well I am definitely pi$$ed off since my 57 week MME order is still not here.

If @Ford Motor Company does not offer me $3750 for the tax credit loss and $4000 price drop on my SR RWD Premium MME, I am going to walk.

Sponsored

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
From the articles I’ve read, only the standard range are getting the LFP batteries. At least that’s the impression I got.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It should also be noted that the models getting LFP are now losing half of their tax credit. Price goes down 3000/4000 and credit went down 3750. I suspect there are no domestic LFP plants to supply them yet. I am curious to hear how well the LFP performs under Fords technology though. Non LFP have that hidden buffer they dont let you see. Will they do the same with LFP? Will they upfront tell you to charge it to 100% everyday? hopefully they will learn a little before it shows up in the lightning. Since the lightning battery is proportionately bigger you could expect a price drop of at least 3000 on SR once LFP comes out and CT/Chevy come out.
All Mach-Es are eligible for only half credit. Nothing to do with LFP.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I just want to see how well it handles the cold. Staying away from LFP until some real solid numbers come out on that.
Sponsored