• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I'm guessing XLT's might be available to order tomorrow in a new order wave.... They seem to be closing the gap between XLT and Lariat. The price of the Pro doesn't matter because it's sold out for MY23 aside from fleet orders. We all saw the price hikes coming let's be honest
Called it....
Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Wow, my MY23 Pro that I paid $46,294 for is going for $62,444!

I believe that means the newest price increase is another $4,150.

I gotta be honest, if there is still a tax credit...that price is about what this truck is worth. Ford hit a homerun, if only they could fix the dealer model. I don't know if I'd do it all over again. The truck is amazing, the BS we have to deal with the dealers is by far the worst part of the truck.
I built my same XLT SR in the MY23 Ford site and it seems like the price is up $10k from MY22. This build added the tow technology, max tow, and tailgate step and it comes in at just over $67k on the MY23 site, where I was just above $57k in my MY22 (before destination charge). The only positive change is the heated seats in the MY23, but that's not a $10k feature. I also think some stuff was removed from the MY23 XLT SR, such as the on-board scales, but it's hard to say from the Ford build site.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I built my same XLT SR in the MY23 Ford site and it seems like the price is up $10k from MY22. This build added the tow technology, max tow, and tailgate step and it comes in at just over $67k on the MY23 site, where I was just above $57k in my MY22 (before destination charge). The only positive change is the heated seats in the MY23, but that's not a $10k feature. I also think some stuff was removed from the MY23 XLT SR, such as the on-board scales, but it's hard to say from the Ford build site.
Cost of battery materials is the main culprit, as I understand.

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Does the price hike make you more likely to go through with your order if you were on the fence? It now costs even more, so your current order is saving you money!

I ordered an XLT w/ Pro Power and a charger for 63k, now it starts at that. At least they decreased the price of the 312A equipment group from $9000, to $5000. It wouldn't have made sense to price it within spitting distance of the base Lariat.

Bradleyp

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Acura Tlx, Tundra, Harleys, Ducati ss
Occupation
Cyber security
I mean, that's certainly arguable, but it's the same price as a comparably-equipped base-trim (XL) gas F-150. So, it's very competitive with truck prices in general.

It's also TONS bigger than a Q5, more powerful, quicker, cheaper to fuel. You're giving up the more premium interior, for sure, but the Lightning has many other advantages.
So I cancelled my reservation in November and have since bought a 2021 Tundra TRD off-road with 40k miles for $37k. I couldn’t be happier with it and know it will last me 300k miles. I needed a 6ft+ bed too. It’s a third vehicle and doesn’t get driven that much except weekends so gas isn’t an issue.

Good luck with your trucks.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: