• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Miles Since Last Charge

Bill Mead

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I would like to see Ford include a trip "Since Last Charge" that automatically resets after I charge and continues to log miles until my next charge. My Tesla has it and I find it very useful. I drive my LR Lightning around 100 miles before I charge it and the This Trip since last stop doesn't do me much good as I make many stops between charging. Sure I can reset Trip 1 after a charge, but I would forget to do that often. Ford, can you make this happen?

Trip 1
Trip 2
This Trip
Since Last Charge
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I would like to see Ford include a trip "Since Last Charge" that automatically resets after I charge and continues to log miles until my next charge. My Tesla has it and I find it very useful. I drive my LR Lightning around 100 miles before I charge it and the This Trip since last stop doesn't do me much good as I make many stops between charging. Sure I can reset Trip 1 after a charge, but I would forget to do that often. Ford, can you make this happen?

Trip 1
Trip 2
This Trip
Since Last Charge
Why would they do this? They don't do it on gas vehicles. How is it a useful measurement of anything?

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Why would they do this? They don't do it on gas vehicles. How is it a useful measurement of anything?
Because they can. Because EV drivers like data like this at a higher degree than the average (this is my opinion, not based on real data), because understanding range per charge or efficiency per charge is more information on which we can make future decisions.

Just because. Doesn't mean they will, but it would be a data point I'd pay attention to, especially on longer trips and particularly trips I will repeat.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Because they can. Because EV drivers like data like this at a higher degree than the average (this is my opinion, not based on real data), because understanding range per charge or efficiency per charge is more information on which we can make future decisions.

Just because. Doesn't mean they will, but it would be a data point I'd pay attention to, especially on longer trips and particularly trips I will repeat.
When you take a trip, you leave with 100% from home. You charge on the road to 80%, not 100%, at each stop.

There's no logical use for a "since last fill" since each fill can be different. The battery indicator shows you what percent of battery you have left.

There's an app on your screen to Record Feedback. Use it.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT

Trip 1
Trip 2
This Trip
Since Last Charge
While I wouldn’t use this as I charge nightly, I can see why you would want it especially since Tesla has become the “norm” for what we want in software in our EVs.

For me the one I would love is a “lifetime” measurement that lives in the Infotainment system. Between the three “trip” meters, I can handle the daily stuff, but I would have loved a built in lifetime efficiency.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
There's no logical use for a "since last fill" since each fill can be different.
Sure there is.

I don't care enough about this (wasn't my idea) to leave feedback, I just took a little umbrage to your response to the idea. Just because you don't see the logic doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Knowing what efficiency I'm getting in the current 80%-next charge section of the trip and not just the entire trip would have value to me. 🤷‍♂️

mr fiso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I think the original post is a great idea. A better one would be statistics on miles since last change AND estimated efficiency during that period. The good old kw/M reading. I suspect they already have that data. It would be nice to expose that to the users.

I would prefer it to be an exposed on the user portal in a chartable form so you can see how you are doing over time. Maybe us 'information addicts' would get a nice pretty value to watch, while others might be able to see how their driving style improves. Especially valuable if you almost always drive the same routes or areas. You could also see how things change on days where weather was significantly different. Heck, even logging environmental temperature and battery temperature values would be nice.

As stated, I believe this data is already in Ford hands as the truck constantly reports back to Ford anyway. I would expect it is being used to monitor how each model is operating in different regions and environmental conditions. They likely also have their hands on the angle/tilt sensor data since the IS exposed inside the truck to the drive as well.

I would not be surprised that they would also be collecting the bed load for the models that originally came with the onboard scales before they removed that. Maybe users aren't really using it to haul anything. Maybe PRO / Fleet users tend to overload the bed.

As for arguments as to why would they do that if they don't do it on the ICE models; You might be surprised if you found out they were also getting that sort of telemetry on any unit that is network connected.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sure there is.

I don't care enough about this (wasn't my idea) to leave feedback, I just took a little umbrage to your response to the idea. Just because you don't see the logic doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Knowing what efficiency I'm getting in the current 80%-next charge section of the trip and not just the entire trip would have value to me. 🤷‍♂️
Which is exactly what This Trip does...
Sponsored