• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mobile Tech / Service scheduled!?!

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
I have about 4 recall items on my truck. Specifically: BECM, rear lightbar, Heated steering wheel, dash mat thingy, & BCCM.

Before Thanksgiving I had called to see if they'd work on these while I was gone.

Not all parts where in.

I was getting ready to make the same call, but instead today I got a call that all the parts were in.
Then I was asked if I'd like the mobile tech to come by tomorrow and do all the repairs.
YES!

Feeling Tesla-esque here.

Let's see how tomorrow goes.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
They get paid more by Ford to do the mobile service. All of your changes can be done that way.

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
So far an hour late.
I was told I would be first of the AM.

Edit: the appt is tomorrow (thu) not today. My mistake.

Last edited:

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning Platinum, ā€˜21 Aviator, ā€˜23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
So far an hour late.
I was told I would be first of the AM.
My mobile ford service was great, but the tailgate lightbar was used on another vehicle so I had to wait for one to be ordered. And then I ended up taking my truck in to warranty a few things because my odometer was at 35,671. The mobile tech came the next day to do recall work on my Bronco! Still waiting on my Lightning to get worked on after a week..
Mobile service is great when then show up as scheduled though!!

DennisM1

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model 3 Long Range AWD; 2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Attorney
I have about 4 recall items on my truck. Specifically: BECM, rear lightbar, Heated steering wheel, dash mat thingy, & BCCM.

Before Thanksgiving I had called to see if they'd work on these while I was gone.

Not all parts where in.

I was getting ready to make the same call, but instead today I got a call that all the parts were in.
Then I was asked if I'd like the mobile tech to come by tomorrow and do all the repairs.
YES!

Feeling Tesla-esque here.

Let's see how tomorrow goes.
I am with one of my dealerā€™s mobile tech teams right now getting my taillight bar replaced. The dealerā€™s service department says they only do the dash mat replacement if there is a visible problem with it and that they donā€™t do the battery module software update unless an error code is thrown. The mobile service area is also geographically limited so I met them in the middle at a Walmart parking lot. They are also working on my very sticky charge pprt door. The charge port door has gotten increasingly difficult to open without multiple tries so hopefully they can improve that. At 25,000 miles on the truck and it has been much more reliable than my former F150 PowerBoost Hybrid which experienced several significant issues like a rear axle retention bolt failure that took months to get parts for.

Sponsored
OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Today started well. I got a call from the mobile tech about 9 that he was on his way. It is about a 30 minute drive. A bit after 10 he called and apologized as he got re-routed to help someone on the highway (I'll allow it).
Upon arrival he said he could do everything but the steering wheel as that requires the steering wheel to be removed, and then an alignment.
Even with my dog helping, he is really struggling with the light bar removal.
I'm pretty sure he has done the battery module tests, but I'm just staying out of his way for now.

OP
OP
brewski

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Final follow-up:
Battery module tests all passed.
Did the battery module software update.
New dashmat thingy in place.
New rear lightbar finally in place - once he got it removed, the rest went pretty fast.
He had to test drive it to calibrate the rear camera.
The only thing that couldn't be done was the heated steering as he said it required removing the steering wheel which would then require an alignment.
Worth noting: he said he wasn't aware the work was on a Lightning. I don't know what else the battery tests or light bar would go on.
He showed me the work order with shows F150 BEV.
Anyhow, it almost completely worked out.
Sponsored