• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

My Lightning order already delayed....

865F150Vol

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 STX; 2020 Explorer
Occupation
Scientist
Ordered 1/11. Confirmed. 1/12. Scheduled for 3/14 Build. Since, the vin has been removed and build date has been removed. Sigh....guess its back to trying to hunt one down in the wild.
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Ordered 1/11. Confirmed. 1/12. Scheduled for 3/14 Build. Since, the vin has been removed and build date has been removed. Sigh....guess its back to trying to hunt one down in the wild.
It was probably a mistake. I ordered 1/6 as soon as it opened and I’m not scheduled yet. That sounds like the time frame for the dealer demos and you were tagged as such and then they fixed it.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
When I placed my order, it said expected delivery of 24+ weeks, which would be July or later. After I ordered, all references to time frame dropped off of the site. There would be no real way to know if you're delayed at this point, until they again add some estimate. The most important part of the original estimate to me is the "+," which essentially means it could come at any time between July and forever.

I'm crossing my fingers to get the truck by September, so that I get a few months of good weather use after delivery.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
That's my thinking as well. I'm hoping to be in Wave 3 and if that happens I would consider August an absolutely best case scenario, with September/October probably more realistic.

ETA: If I had to speculate, people ordering Platinum and Lariat in later waves will probably get trucks before some Pro/XLT in earlier waves. Deliveries won't be perfectly in line with ordering.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
It was probably a mistake. I ordered 1/6 as soon as it opened and I’m not scheduled yet. That sounds like the time frame for the dealer demos and you were tagged as such and then they fixed it.
this is probably right. I thought they had been saying all along that production of saleable trucks wouldn’t start until April.

TheRealDlo

First Name
Dlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD F150
Wave 1 & 2 the EARLIEST I see is July 1st.

Wave 3-4 Your looking at at least August 1st at the earliest

Wave 5-6 I would guess Sept/Oct+

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Wave 1 & 2 the EARLIEST I see is July 1st.

Wave 3-4 Your looking at at least August 1st at the earliest

Wave 5-6 I would guess Sept/Oct+
They're not completing orders by wave. All waves close on Match 31 its most likely completed by trim and availablity of parts

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Which Model did you order?

That's my thinking as well. I'm hoping to be in Wave 3 and if that happens I would consider August an absolutely best case scenario, with September/October probably more realistic.

ETA: If I had to speculate, people ordering Platinum and Lariat in later waves will probably get trucks before some Pro/XLT in earlier waves. Deliveries won't be perfectly in line with ordering.
Lots of speculation of which will be produced first, but from posts on hear, i think everyone so far that stated that their dealership getting mannequins all said they were going to be pro's. So wouldn't it make sense if they are doing a run of pro's for them to just knock out the pro orders right away since they already set up for it? IDK how the production lines work, but that would make sense.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma

Lots of speculation of which will be produced first, but from posts on hear, i think everyone so far that stated that their dealership getting mannequins all said they were going to be pro's. So wouldn't it make sense if they are doing a run of pro's for them to just knock out the pro orders right away since they already set up for it? IDK how the production lines work, but that would make sense.
Some have reported XLT, Pro and my dealer is getting a Lariat ER.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Mannequins are all models.

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Is the ordering based on when we reserved or where we are in particular dealer's line up?

I'm a first day reservation but dealer has me at 35/25.

TTT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMC12, 75 Monza, 17 Volt
It's currently based on where you are with the dealer.

Many dealers seem to be prioritizing customers who have purchased other vehicles in the past. The idea of jumping to another dealer at this point to get a better place in line seems haphazard at best.

I have had a Mach E on order with my dealer and purchased a Maverick to hold me over until the Lighting arrives. I'm sure that helped me.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'd guess build runs would be in batches by body color, is that still a thing?
Sponsored