• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordered 2022 Lightning - My Experience

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
That link doesn't always work correctly - it displayed a page saying it was time for me to order, but my reservation is from September, so I'm way down the list. I was logged into my Ford account and it addressed me by name. Best of luck getting your Lightning ordered, it will take some effort by your dealer to straighten it out for you.
No…I am sure they all say that..but at least I HAVE A PAGE.

And I can monitor it for a possible Invite every 2 weeks…and perhaps even order from that page in addition to what I have already done.

Anything is always better than a Big Nothing.
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I heard some Bronco owners who are waiting on orders got offered to be entered into the lottery for the Bronco Raptor?

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer

And I can monitor it for a possible Invite every 2 weeks…and perhaps even order from that page in addition to what I have already done.

Sometimes, it displays the page showing the pricing for my "saved" configuration as if it were an order - complete with dealer fees etc. But there is no link to actually place the order. That is why I believe it is faulty - I don't expect to be in any Wave below 6.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Early Mach-E orderers got an extra 250 kWh of charging credit as a goodwill gesture over delays. That’s worth in the neighborhood of $50-75. ?
Only if you actually use it. Out of my 500 kWh I'm down to 462 kWh. That's after a single road trip from Phx to LA and back. Most of that trip was free charging from EA. I still have 14 months to go.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Can Not Believe Dealer. Said I was in Wave #1...NOPE.
Said I was in Wave #2...NOPE.
Even Got Email from Owner Saying..."You Are Our #1 Guaranteed!"
Hoping for Wave #3.
Now Thinking Since Ford Switched Me to New Dealer (Only Name Change) I am Lost in Some Database. No Way to Check since My Online Reservation Page Disappeared in December. Ford did not reply to my 3 Emails. Telephone to Ford Nice Lady said Everything is Good.

Maybe GOOD FOR HER...Not So Much for Me.:devilish:

Maybe My Silverado E First 10 Minute Reservation at #1 Silverado Dealer will work out better Next January.:D
Didn’t you pay to be Priority #1? You need to call the Ford Lightning Line and find out if your dealer has submitted any orders. I can’t believe this.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Only if you actually use it. Out of my 500 kWh I'm down to 462 kWh. That's after a single road trip from Phx to LA and back. Most of that trip was free charging from EA. I still have 14 months to go.
Yeah, I still have about 320 left with 13 to go.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

The process may work on your end of the system, but if the dealer account was deactivated then no one is going to be monitoring transactions initiated by customers during the waves 3-6, this may still require CORP or Regional special handling to walk those order down the pipe line.

It would be better if all pending reservations & orders are moved to the new dealers account.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
So hypothetical question here. If a Dealer Name change can lose reservations, can the same happen to submitted orders if a dealer "changes their name" a couple months from now?

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Well, at least something seems to be happening (Hopefully).

I wonder if others that also "lost" their Reservation Page when their dealership underwent a change also have this "Sorry" message?

Since my dealer (Ford switched me to a "New Dealer" in December, even though it is the same people, same location - just a new name) has not received any invites thru the first 2 Waves and I am their #1 out of 11, I have great hopes something good may happen this Thursday (My Birthday).

Today I checked my Reservations Page and found a New Posting:

SORRY TO HIT THE BRAKES

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Frankfort Ford won't be taking online orders at this time. Though no need to worry - your RESERVATION number of 108437XX for your F-150 LIGHTNING is still good. This just means you should contact your dealer directly to place your order to get you back in the fast lane.

Contact Dealer

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Well, at least something seems to be happening (Hopefully).

I wonder if others that also "lost" their Reservation Page when their dealership underwent a change also have this "Sorry" message?

Since my dealer (Ford switched me to a "New Dealer" in December, even though it is the same people, same location - just a new name) has not received any invites thru the first 2 Waves and I am their #1 out of 11, I have great hopes something good may happen this Thursday (My Birthday).

Today I checked my Reservations Page and found a New Posting:
I truly hope you get to order this week. It’s terrible that you paid to get to the top and the dealer has not had any orders through the first waves. I have seen members being able to contact their dealers right now and find out if they are able to order on Thursday.

If you are not able to order this week I suggest you get your money back and move your reservation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I truly hope you get to order this week. It’s terrible that you paid to get to the top and the dealer has not had any orders through the first waves. I have seen members being able to contact their dealers right now and find out if they are able to order on Thursday.

If you are not able to order this week I suggest you get your money back and move your reservation.
Thank you for the kind words and Congrats on your own early order!

Technically, I did not pay the dealer. The GM called each of his 11 Reservations in their order of timestamp and told each that he was adding an ADM of $3,000 to the final price and he was allocated 5 units for 2022. He was prioritizing each based on their willingness to pay the ADM. I was #2 at that point but #1 was a relative of an employee and he chose to wait. I felt the ADM was fair since I would have to move up to 100 miles for another dealer and one of those dealers had already told me no matter my timestamp I would be at the end of the line.

My dealer was closest and my thoughts were being a Small Dealer, in the State Capitol, quoted ADM might = Annual Depreciation + Annual Inflation, and I had done business with them for 15 years.

In addition I thought Ford might want to send more than a few Lightnings to Kentucky because just down the street our Legislature at this moment is debating sweetening for Ford's EV Investment in KY:

A performance-based, forgivable loan of up to $250 million;

Conveyance of the more than 1,500-acre site where Ford's future operation will be built;

Up to $36 million devoted to workforce training initiatives.

And a Whole Bunch of Super Dutys are produced by almost 9,000 workers just down the highway from me.

But I guess I was wrong again in my Logic. According to our 125 Order List, only one came to KY. Maybe I'll be driving a Silverado EV next year?

Deleted member 9341

Thank you for the kind words and Congrats on your own early order!

Technically, I did not pay the dealer. The GM called each of his 11 Reservations in their order of timestamp and told each that he was adding an ADM of $3,000 to the final price and he was allocated 5 units for 2022. He was prioritizing each based on their willingness to pay the ADM. I was #2 at that point but #1 was a relative of an employee and he chose to wait. I felt the ADM was fair since I would have to move up to 100 miles for another dealer and one of those dealers had already told me no matter my timestamp I would be at the end of the line.

My dealer was closest and my thoughts were being a Small Dealer, in the State Capitol, quoted ADM might = Annual Depreciation + Annual Inflation, and I had done business with them for 15 years.

In addition I thought Ford might want to send more than a few Lightnings to Kentucky because just down the street our Legislature at this moment is debating sweetening for Ford's EV Investment in KY:

A performance-based, forgivable loan of up to $250 million;

Conveyance of the more than 1,500-acre site where Ford's future operation will be built;

Up to $36 million devoted to workforce training initiatives.

And a Whole Bunch of Super Dutys are produced by almost 9,000 workers just down the highway from me.

But I guess I was wrong again in my Logic. According to our 125 Order List, only one came to KY. Maybe I'll be driving a Silverado EV next year?
I believe the Silverado is 2024 release

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I believe the Silverado is 2024 release
The Silverado EV will be new to the Chevrolet lineup and is expected to debut as a 2024 model and go on sale sometime in 2023 (Summer).

I have a first 10 Minute Reservation for a 1st Ed. (Just in Case - But May Buy a WT).
Sponsored