• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordered 2022 Lightning - My Experience

Deleted member 9341

The Silverado EV will be new to the Chevrolet lineup and is expected to debut as a 2024 model and go on sale sometime in 2023 (Summer).

I have a first 10 Minute Reservation for a 1st Ed. (Just in Case - But May Buy a WT).
I made one in first 2 minutes. We’ll see how it goes. Can’t be as poorly executed as the Lightning…or so I’d hope. Time will tell
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Man y’all slow, I had one in the first 10 seconds! Gonna be a lot of people who “can’t believe” that anyone could be ahead of them in their state because they reserved inside the first ten minutes of the showcase ?.

Deleted member 9341

Man y’all slow, I had one in the first 10 seconds! Gonna be a lot of people who “can’t believe” that anyone could be ahead of them in their state because they reserved inside the first ten minutes of the showcase ?.
Bank on that!

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Apparently got 110K reservations, not sure how that compares to Lightning one month after reveal. Edit: looked it up, roughly the same.

Last edited:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Well, at least something seems to be happening (Hopefully).

I wonder if others that also "lost" their Reservation Page when their dealership underwent a change also have this "Sorry" message?

Since my dealer (Ford switched me to a "New Dealer" in December, even though it is the same people, same location - just a new name) has not received any invites thru the first 2 Waves and I am their #1 out of 11, I have great hopes something good may happen this Thursday (My Birthday).

Today I checked my Reservations Page and found a New Posting:
I was Wave 1 and had that message towards the end of Wave 1. Dealer was able to put the order in for me with the help of their zone rep.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
FINALLY!!

Was so hoping for an Invite yesterday, Day 1 of Wave #3....But Nothing.

It would have been the BEST Birthday Present.

But... Today at 4pm EST the Ford Invite came but because of the "Sorry" Banner on my Webpage I had to order through the Dealer.

Luckily, I had already done the paperwork and deposit with him, countersigned stating MSRP With No More Than $3,000 ADM (Requirements for a Binding Contract). Within minutes he was on the phone and I talked him through his submission process. Then came the Confirmation Email from Ford. Now he must wait a couple of hours for the Ford computer update before he can finalize.

I hope the rest of this until a possible July delivery will go smoother.

I feel so bad for those posting today about the Surprise ADM Boosts after they ordered. Surely, Ford will back down those dealers!

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
FINALLY!!

But... Today at 4pm EST the Ford Invite came but because of the "Sorry" Banner on my Webpage I had to order through the Dealer.

Luckily, I had already done the paperwork and deposit with him, countersigned stating MSRP With No More Than $3,000 ADM (Requirements for a Binding Contract). Within minutes he was on the phone and I talked him through his submission process. Then came the Confirmation Email from Ford. Now he must wait a couple of hours for the Ford computer update before he can finalize.

I feel so bad for those posting today about the Surprise ADM Boosts after they ordered. Surely, Ford will back down those dealers!
Congrats!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
FINALLY!!

Congrats! But should ask for your ADM back considering you are showing them how to properly do their job lmao

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered right when Wave 3 opened (Lariat with ER battery and tow package)... no email, just saw my order page. I was a very early 5/19 preorder so I was honestly surprised I wasn't in Wave 1 or 2. My dealer had told me a couple different numbers for where I was in the reservation system so I wasn't taking any of it as gospel :). I knew the digital sales rep didn't work Thursdays from previous waves so I just shot him an email asking him to process. Got the email and text message like 4 hours later. I did make a mistake on my order and forgot to change the paint color so emailed my rep again. Next morning he made the change and accepted the order no problem, so now it's just a waiting game. I regret not getting the bed liner (for some reason I thought it caused delays) so I'll have to get it aftermarket.

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Good to know. Hey Ford....My Bday is in February as well, how bout one of them golden invite tickets for a bday surprise?

Probably won't work, but thought I'd try! ?

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
Good to know. Hey Ford....My Bday is in February as well, how bout one of them golden invite tickets for a bday surprise?

Probably won't work, but thought I'd try! ?
I actually happen to have several birthdays coming up over the next couple of months, just about every other Thursday.

Deleted member 9341

For anyone considering Anti Matter blue, I randomly happened to see a truck in that color on a lot today. Very nice dark blue in the sun. Black in the shade. Much darker than on the website. Very similar to BMW carbon black for anyone familiar with that.

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
So there's a Lariat powerboost that i see at work everyday in the two tone antimatter blue and it looks awesome everyday I walk by it....course it has the two tone colors, but wow, with the metallic flake in the sun, I think that will look good othe Lightning, but that's the difference I see with having a lighter tone to accent the darker blue, that would help.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I ordered right when Wave 3 opened (Lariat with ER battery and tow package)... no email, just saw my order page. I was a very early 5/19 preorder so I was honestly surprised I wasn't in Wave 1 or 2. My dealer had told me a couple different numbers for where I was in the reservation system so I wasn't taking any of it as gospel :). I knew the digital sales rep didn't work Thursdays from previous waves so I just shot him an email asking him to process. Got the email and text message like 4 hours later. I did make a mistake on my order and forgot to change the paint color so emailed my rep again. Next morning he made the change and accepted the order no problem, so now it's just a waiting game. I regret not getting the bed liner (for some reason I thought it caused delays) so I'll have to get it aftermarket.
They can still add the bed liner. I just had mine removed after my dealer mentioned delays for it. I’ll get it done local for the same price with a better warranty.
Sponsored