• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
The claim that Tesla is the only charging network that is "actually making money" and/or breaking even... Well, yeah, I am going to challenge that one. Most of the Supercharger locations that I have encountered in my travels look like this.
You obviously don’t live in Southern California! The chargers down here are always busy.

Tesla has stated that they run the SC network at or near breakeven. Look at the financials of any public charging network company and you’ll see they are far from breakeven.

And then look at NEVI funding bids. Tesla bids are anywhere from 10% to 50% cheaper than others. That gives you an indication on how inexpensive their hardware and install costs are compared to others.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yes, new NEVI funding requires longer cables, Magicdocks, CC readers and screens. All of which costs more money, which the govt pays for.
NEVI funding pays a portion of the cost.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
You obviously don’t live in Southern California! The chargers down here are always busy.
Well, the country is bigger than California.

There are a lot of Superchargers out there sitting idle. Opening them up turns the Supercharger network into a real business that can stand up on its own.
Sponsored

Last edited: