• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

New 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat (Standard Range) available today - should I buy and then sell?

OP
OP

RochesterMN

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat EV
I'll wait an hour to let them know that I'm passing on it so maybe you can get it right away.

OP
OP

RochesterMN

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where do you live? Can you offer up the initial sale from the dealer to someone else? Why don’t you make a post on here and offer it up to someone local? I’d hand you $1000 for your troubles if I could purchase it from the dealer at MSRP.
Check out the link above and see if you like it. I hope that you or someone on here gets it.

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER

Sponsored
OP
OP

RochesterMN

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The dealer called and mentioned about "Z." calling. I said that that I would let him pass it onto you so that someone who really wants it could have it. I hope that you get it.

OP
OP

RochesterMN

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like its already gone. I am interested in it?
It's 100% not gone. I literally just told the dealer who said the person from this forum called and I agreed to pass it on to this person, to allow it to be bought.

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
It's 100% not gone. I literally just told the dealer who said the person from this forum called and I agreed to pass it on to this person, to allow it to be bought.
Cool. I am "Z." we'll see if he calls me back! He said he would have to go through the raffle to the next drawings so I guess we'll see how it works out. :)

OP
OP

RochesterMN

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cool. I am "Z." we'll see if he calls me back! He said he would have to go through the raffle to the next drawings so I guess we'll see how it works out. :)
If someone local gets it, that would be good too. but would be great if you you get it. I'm not sure how many signed up for the raffle, but I can't imagine too many if it was just the single event (Maybe 30)...plus, they are looking to sell it today or tomorrow now that its on the lot. So someone would have to be willing to buy or put down a deposit today. Good Luck!

Sponsored

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
There's some debate on the forum whether or not a flipper is eligible for the tax rebate, with most people leaning towards not being eligible. I'm not a tax professional, but I'd be careful in considering that $7,500 as profit on an immediate flip.
hahaha... Wut? Who are these "tax professionals" who claim you wouldn't qualify for the tax credit? If you buy it, you qualify. Simple as that. Doesn't matter how long you keep it. The IRS doesn't care.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
hahaha... Wut? Who are these "tax professionals" who claim you wouldn't qualify for the tax credit? If you buy it, you qualify. Simple as that. Doesn't matter how long you keep it. The IRS doesn't care.
I'm guessing by your blanket statement you are not a "tax professional"!

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I'm guessing by your blanket statement you are not a "tax professional"!
That's like saying that if you spend your income fast enough you avoid income tax. That's not how the IRS works.

Let's just say that whomever is saying you won't qualify for a tax credit for a truck you bought because of the length of time you kept it after the purchase isn't a tax professional.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
That's like saying that if you spend your income fast enough you avoid income tax. That's not how the IRS works.

Let's just say that whomever is saying you won't qualify for a tax credit for a truck you bought because of the length of time you kept it after the purchase isn't a tax professional.
No, I'm just saying I have never heard a real tax professional make such a blanket statement. But I guess everyone can just trust your judgment on the tax code and I'm sure you will make them whole should they follow your statements and the IRS decides that your advice is not actually true.

What do you say @TaxmanHog ? Sage advise to follow?