• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

nit pick - are your front and rear doors flush?

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Are your front and rear doors flush? I had not noticed this until I washed the truck for the first time this weekend. Are they all like this or should the doors be flush? It’s about 2mm off.

Ford F-150 Lightning nit pick - are your front and rear doors flush? IMG_3693
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Maybe somebody with the shop manual can look it up and get the exact measurement, but from what I know, they aren't supposed to be flush. I think it helps with wind noise.

OP
OP

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Maybe somebody with the shop manual can look it up and get the exact measurement, but from what I know, they aren't supposed to be flush. I think it helps with wind noise.
Ok, interesting. Thank you!!

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
When I first looked at the photo I thought you were referring to the top trim pieces that look to be at different heights.

OP
OP

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
When I first looked at the photo I thought you were referring to the top trim pieces that look to be at different heights.
Well, that’s off a bit too. The front drivers is higher than the rear drivers and the front passengers is lower than the rear passengers. My 23 year old Sequoia is dead on on all those and my cars by the brand everyone points out panel gaps on are more on. One was off when I bought it and when I pointed it out a few days later they had me stop by and they fixed it in 15 minutes while I waited. I was kind of expecting the same thing from Ford but the salseman basically said if the door shuts ok to leave it alone.

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Id like to see all of the people chime in that railed against Tesla's build quality. No company is perfect, not even a 120 year old company.
Sponsored