• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What are your dealers saying about Lightning?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
FWIW, copied is a response I received from my dealer. As has been relayed elsewhere they are totally in the dark--

"Nathan,

I have received ZERO communication from Ford when the order bank would open or how many we would be allowed. Unfortunately this is going down similar to the Bronco orders, I had no idea then either. I had over 50 Bronco reservations and was allowed 15 for 2021, I have received 2 so far.

I am hoping it will not be as bad as that process but again, I have not been notified as of yet. I will certainly let you know when I do."
Sponsored

tkeru408

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum, 2022 F150 Lightning Preorder
It is also possible to program the truck to automatically power the house every day during those times of day such as late afternoon and evening when peak energy use drives higher energy pricing. The truck can then revert to charging overnight when rates drop again, cleverly saving owners money.
The above is an interesting concept, I just wonder if it's actually true. Are the charging efficiencies high enough that you actually save money doing this, or is all of your supposed savings lost into the ether? It's totally out of my realm of expertise, I guess it depends on the rate difference between on-peak and off-peak and the combined efficiency in charging the truck and then sending it back to the house.
Sponsored