• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What are your dealers saying about Lightning?

V8Nissan

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 super duty, 99 crown vic, 14 370z,14 expedition
Mine kept telling me I could buy the pro with extended range while Ford customer support kept telling me it was for commercial only. No communication going on internally at Ford and no customer service either. Very misleading.
Sponsored

danInCo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford Escape, GMC Yukon, Chevy 1500
Occupation
Manufacturing Executive
I spoke to my dealer in CO last Friday.
They confirmed, as stated previously in this tread, that reservations have nothing to do with allocations. They said I would be allowed to order based on my res number which they confirmed is pretty low.
They also confirmed that they will sell the truck to me for MSRP with no additional market adjustments.
Lastly, they had no firm date on when orders would open, but have heard late October which jives with what others have posted on this thread.
Looks like my order number is within the first 9,000 placed so hopefully I get to order sometime this year for mid-year to late-year 2022 delivery.

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Looks like my order number is within the first 9,000 placed so hopefully I get to order sometime this year for mid-year to late-year 2022 delivery.
How soon after making a reservation opened did you make one? Just trying to understand where you are getting a rough idea of being in the first 9000.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
I've ordered several trucks from my dealer in WA. On two ocassions, I changed my mind on a spec after it was placed. They simply placed a new order and sold the truck I initially ordered when it came in. That said, I'm certain that dealerships had reservations opened to them just like we did, so they have certainly ordered something to "have on hand" even if they opt not to sell it (they may need a demo for people to come in and see the truck, drive it, etc). When the Mach-E launched my dealer had one but was not allowed to sell it, per their agreement with Ford. I would think if they are allowed to have more than one out of the gate and you ordered one but decided you would rather have the one on the lot, they would sell it to you pending availability of it. They would just sell yours to someone else when it came in. Even when you order it, you're not obligated to buy it until you sign all the papers. I hope you get yours in '22! Good luck.

danInCo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford Escape, GMC Yukon, Chevy 1500
Occupation
Manufacturing Executive
How soon after making a reservation opened did you make one? Just trying to understand where you are getting a rough idea of being in the first 9000.
About 10 mins give or take. I was watching like a hawk, got up to get a snack and by the time I got back, the site was open. It was VERY slow so it took a couple of minutes to get it to accept the info.

Sponsored

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
I spoke to my dealer in CO last Friday.
They confirmed, as stated previously in this tread, that reservations have nothing to do with allocations. They said I would be allowed to order based on my res number which they confirmed is pretty low.
They also confirmed that they will sell the truck to me for MSRP with no additional market adjustments.
Lastly, they had no firm date on when orders would open, but have heard late October which jives with what others have posted on this thread.
Just wanted to jump in on this real quick. The allocation formula I can with 99% certainty guarantee will follow the same parameters that Bronco did. See image for our Bronco Allocation at my store for insight to how Ford did it.

There were a massive amount of internal benchmarks that Ford put out that could reduce your allocation number significantly if they were not met. We ended up with 151 MY2021 Bronco’s and literally had 5 delivered today to the store for Clients.

Hope this kind of gives some insight.

Ford F-150 Lightning What are your dealers saying about Lightning? Capture.JPG

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Just wanted to jump in on this real quick. The allocation formula I can with 99% certainty guarantee will follow the same parameters that Bronco did. See image for our Bronco Allocation at my store for insight to how Ford did it.

There were a massive amount of internal benchmarks that Ford put out that could reduce your allocation number significantly if they were not met. We ended up with 151 MY2021 Bronco’s and literally had 5 delivered today to the store for Clients.

Capture.JPG
Hey Denny,

I took 4 semesters of Calculus(years ago) and am still lost on this. Can you point me in the general direction of what this means?

It looks like you Ford expect dealers to meet the national benchmark for reservations converted to orders OR you risk your allocations being reduced. Is that correct?

What was your number of actual orders vs reservations(conversion rate)?
What was the allocation percentage of those orders?

What am I missing here?

Thanks so much...

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Glad im not the only one lol, i looked at it at was thinking if dealer A has 100% conversion rate but national average was only 75% than dealer A would see an increase in allotment.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Glad im not the only one lol, i looked at it at was thinking if dealer A has 100% conversion rate but national average was only 75% than dealer A would see an increase in allotment.
That makes sense to me.

So the thing to watch is how many reservations are converted to orders(percentage). If dealer does a good job converting reservations-->orders they get more allocations, if the conversion rate is less than national average then they get less.

Am I reading that right?

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
Mine kept telling me I could buy the pro with extended range while Ford customer support kept telling me it was for commercial only. No communication going on internally at Ford and no customer service either. Very misleading.
I am going to reply here cause your asking about the Charge Station Pro. I have heard it is free with extended range battery not including the installation which will require permitting.

Some one was also asking about information on the Charge Station Pro so here is what I got for everyone:

Using All The Pins

The Charge Station Pro chargers are among the very first to utilize all seven pins in the CCS1 type charging cord. As you may know, the three big pins in the upper circular part of the charger deliver AC current, while the smaller pins (4 and 5) handle communication between vehicle and charger. The two big pins (6 and 7) are typically used only for DC fast charging.

When the Ford F-150 Lightning is plugged into the Ford Charge Station Pro at home, it charges via pins 1 through 3, but if the power goes out with the truck plugged in, it can instantly switch to delivering just under 10 kW of DC power from the truck back to the house—enough to run most average-size homes. Most other vehicles boasting bi-directional charging export a maximum of more like 2 kW of power, so they do not require the DC pins.

FordPass App Controlled
The instant this energy flow switch happens, the owner gets a notification via the FordPass app, which then allows tailoring of how much "buffer" energy to leave in the battery (and the app can plot the distance to the nearest functional charging station). Owners can also turn the system on and off via the app to avoid running out to the garage, in order to preserve range during periods where power is less critical.

It is also possible to program the truck to automatically power the house every day during those times of day such as late afternoon and evening when peak energy use drives higher energy pricing. The truck can then revert to charging overnight when rates drop again, cleverly saving owners money.

Three Home Charging Options
At launch the truck will come with a corded charger that can plug into a 110- or 240-volt socket for level 1 or 2 charging. F-150 Lightning models ordered with the extended-range battery will come standard with Ford Charge Station Pro, which is capable of charging at a rate of 19.2 kW—that's as much as double some Level 2 charger rates. This charger obviously must be professionally installed and includes the same safety hardware to prevent backcharging the grid and endangering line workers repairing storm damage. The details options for actually powering the grid via vehicle-to-grid charging may vary regionally.

Ford is also working with SunRun to develop a solar home integration kit that will allow solar recharging of the truck. When it's possible to park the F-150 Lightning at home, plugged in, during the sunniest part of the day (when power rates may be low and the power company pays the least for energy returned to the grid), the truck can store the solar energy and then power the house during high-energy-rate hours, delivering better return on the solar investment. Pricing and financing options for the various chargers have yet to be fully determined, and the solar option will always be dependent on the individual home use case.

Here is the link to the source above.

https://tinyurl.com/Chargestationpro

Sponsored

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning

Capture.JPG
Thanks for providing additional details and confirming how allocation impacts available orders per dealership!

stimpy

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Do you live in Aurora, SD? (From your profile). I’m from Watertown, I have family in Brookings.

I haven't talked to my salesman yet, but I did tag him in a Facebook post so he knows I'm coming. :) Life is different in a small city in South Dakota, The dealer is locally owned and I went to high school with him, the salesman used to be my neighbor. When I do an order like this on I find I have more info than he does. If ford releases any info you can bet that it will be on a forum like this within hours.

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
Hey Denny,

I took 4 semesters of Calculus(years ago) and am still lost on this. Can you point me in the general direction of what this means?

It looks like you Ford expect dealers to meet the national benchmark for reservations converted to orders OR you risk your allocations being reduced. Is that correct?

What was your number of actual orders vs reservations(conversion rate)?
What was the allocation percentage of those orders?

What am I missing here?

Thanks so much...
Easiest way to sum it up is everything is the dealers % of each area measured against the national % for the same area. As an example if nationally reservations converted at 84% as an exmaple and you converted say 99% of reservation to orders then that area was more heavily wieghed in regards to inceaing your allocation. The diagram doesnt actually let you know what percentage we were which might also be throwing you off. Does that help if not I will take another shot at explaining it.