• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Normal Wait for Special Order

evirtuous

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Law
Hi,
We purchased a Lightning mid-December online; Ford order tracker says that it went into production on March 4, 2024. And no other information after that. We went through the online purchasing process with our Mach-e but its manufacturing progress never stalled. Is this customary with Lightnings? Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Hi,
We purchased a Lightning mid-December online; Ford order tracker says that it went into production on March 4, 2024. And no other information after that. We went through the online purchasing process with our Mach-e but its manufacturing progress never stalled. Is this customary with Lightnings? Thanks for any insight.
The model year 2024 production paused for a bit and then those produced were held until other matters were resolved. Is your truck showing "Built" on the tracker?

Ford-USA

OP
OP

evirtuous

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Law
The model year 2024 production paused for a bit and then those produced were held until other matters were resolved. Is your truck showing "Built" on the tracker?

Ford-USA
Hi. No it is not showing as "built." Thanks for your reply.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
BTW, I'm periodically monitoring two VIN's that were blend dates 12/20/23 and 01/19/24, both are STILL showing "IN PRODUCTION" without a built date, it's likely the factory is digging through the held production to address issues to be resolved.....

OP
OP

evirtuous

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Law
BTW, I'm periodically monitoring two VIN's that were blend dates 12/20/23 and 01/19/24, both are STILL showing "IN PRODUCTION" without a built date, it's likely the factory is digging through the held production to address issues to be resolved.....
Thank you TaxmanHog. I did some digging on this forum and saw threads discussing the hold-up. We are also looking at the electric Silverado. Have you done any research on that vehicle? Just curious.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thank you TaxmanHog. I did some digging on this forum and saw threads discussing the hold-up. We are also looking at the electric Silverado. Have you done any research on that vehicle? Just curious.
I was born Ford Blue................ ;);)

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I was lucky enough that in Canada we had no order tracking. Just a time frame and hope. It's worth the wait. Mine took 5 months.

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
The electric Silverado looks like a Honda Ridgeline to me.

OP
OP

evirtuous

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Law
The electric Silverado looks like a Honda Ridgeline to me.
I just saw what you mean. It looks much better than a Cybertruck though! On a rural highway the other day, I thought I saw a Cybertruck in someone's yard behind a fence. But no, it was just a tent.

Sponsored

DesertEV

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
I just saw what you mean. It looks much better than a Cybertruck though! On a rural highway the other day, I thought I saw a Cybertruck in someone's yard behind a fence. But no, it was just a tent.
Lol yeah, I’m not a Cyber Truck fan.

OP
OP

evirtuous

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Occupation
Law
Truck says "built" on 5/9/24. The "shipped" button is green, says "5/13/24" but it does not have a check mark.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2024 Flash on order
Occupation
Retired
We are also looking at the electric Silverado. Have you done any research on that vehicle? Just curious.
Blade Chevrolet in Mount Vernon, WA is advertising that they have five 3WT Silverados, "AVAILABLE NOW". The thumbnail ad says $75,445 MSRP but the details page has "$82,351 - Cash" at the top.

The 3WT is said to have a smaller battery than the 4WT. "the 4WT version, which has the big, 24-module battery pack, can cover over 400 miles, but Chevrolet also sells a version called the 3WT, which is cheaper and has a smaller, 20-module pack."

It seems no 2024 Silverado EV gets the Clean Vehicle tax credit.

Did you use the Ford.com Build & Price website?

A Snohomish dealer told me all his orders for 2024 Lightnings are sitting in Dearborn on "quality assurance" holds. The one I was most interested in was ordered in October and was listed as built by January. I had asked for info on six of them: it was the same story on all of them.
Sponsored