• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Only 50% Power available?

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Raining down here in SoCal.... Hopped in the truck to go pick up my kid. Get to the end of the street, see a gap in traffic and boot it to pull out.... Just like every day.

Only today, I nearly spun it. After correcting it and collecting my thoughts, I pushed down on the go pedal. Only it felt.. gutless.

I switched over to the main driving display from the calm screen at the stoplight and see that it only has 50% power. Wtf??? (55°, ~80% SoC, normal shit.)

It stayed like that till I got back home. Power cycled the truck and it went back to 100%.

What the fuck @Ford Motor Company ???

Guess I found a reason NOT to use the calm screen, because it would have shown something was off before I backed out of the driveway. My hunch is that the front motor had no juice.

This happen to anyone else? I searched but search brings up 1000x unrelated articles.
Ford F-150 Lightning Only 50% Power available? PXL_20230228_003258075
Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I had it 2 weeks after delivery, but at 64% and when pulling up the drivetrain page, it showed the front motor wasn't delivering power. After driving like that for 30 minutes, it went away on next startup. Glitch for sure. It has not happened since.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Very common.
Battery and motor may have had a momentary issue.
Probably software.
Resetting by restarting is the best.

gregoryhcain

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pickup
Occupation
Physician
Just happened here, at 57%. I went to the power distribution screen and noticed that while the front motor was pulling, the rear motor was charging. They were essentially working against each other; like it was attempting to become a "perpetual motion machine". Anyway I pulled into a parking lot, turned the truck off, restarted it and things were back to normal.
Sponsored