• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ordering Tesla Charger Adapter - woes.

lcorning

First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford-F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Tried to order the Tesla a
Charging adapter Friday 3/22/24. Could not get beyond pressing the “order your Tesla charger “ button then directed to the Connected Services page and no link to Order. Even tried to look up to see if the VIN number had been used by someone else to order one . Four days and three Ford case numbers later, today’s phone call with Ford customer service tells me that their system has problems and is not working. Aaaagh!!! Need to get this Tesla adapter PRE-ORDERED!
Sponsored

OP
OP

lcorning

First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Getting this one . No success ordering yet. Today, Ford tells me they are having system issues with “connected services” and there isn’t a way to order the adapters right now. Aaagh!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Ordering Tesla Charger Adapter - woes. IMG_7339

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Had the same issue last week. Buttons on the website lead nowhere.

Sponsored

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
For what it’s worth, things are not much better with the third-party adapters either. Lectron is sending out promotional notices claiming that they have their adapter in stock, but when I emailed them yesterday and asked about the shipping date for my previously ordered adapter, I was told that it would not go out until they received another batch of units. In other words, their claim of having adapters in stock is a lie. And, of course, without the adapter, access to the Tesla network is impossible.

deserthi

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Tech
I didn't want the A2Z adapter as there is an extra step when using it with having to lock an extra tab so I ordered the Lectron but am thinking of canceling because with the adapter from Ford coming in May (at least that what my order says) they might be coming at the same time.

kab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER (Atlas Blue)

Sponsored

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
I didn't want the A2Z adapter as there is an extra step when using it with having to lock an extra tab so I ordered the Lectron but am thinking of canceling because with the adapter from Ford coming in May (at least that what my order says) they might be coming at the same time.
To be clear, they all have a latch for the NACS connector. So, there's really no "extra step". The A2Z adapter is very well made. I'm glad that I ordered my in January and was ready to rock when access opened up.

There's no guarantee that your free Ford adapter will actually ship in May. Tesla is the one manufacturing them and they're notorious for not delivering on-time. So, I wouldn't make bets on that timing.

If you're road tripping and the supercharger access will be helpful to you, I'd stick with your Lectron order (if it's indeed coming soon) or get an A2Z as they're shipping them quickly.

When my free Ford/Tesla adapter arrives, I will likely switch to that. We'll use the A2Z with my wife's Mini -- BMW/Mini haven't said a thing about free adapters.

As each automaker gets access, these adapters will continue to be in demand. If you didn't have a need for it after your free adapter arrives, you could sell it a GM, BMW, Porsche, VW, Hyundai, or Kia owner. They will be just as desperate as us to get into the action.

OP
OP

lcorning

First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Same issues here. And now this link is taking forever to load/circular redirect:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...ng/how-do-i-get-a-fast-charging-adapter-nacs/

Update: looks like it is doable in the app. Fast Charging Adapter is now Reserved!
So I tried again this morning- still nothing. The link above directs to the ford pass login page. After login, goes directly to Connected Services- nothing on page to click. What’s the page supposed to look like? Does a link box pop up or something?

Ford F-150 Lightning Ordering Tesla Charger Adapter - woes. IMG_7378

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
Just made the reservation through the app on the phone. It showed up at the top of the connected services page after a few seconds.

OP
OP

lcorning

First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hi again- can you let me know if you have all the Connected Services “ACTIVE”? I’m still trying to trouble shoot. I DO NOT have the “Ford Premium Connectivty” active. But, I have all the others active … most specifically Blue Oval network. I know they are saying that you need Blue Oval connected… but I’m just wondering if not having “Ford Premium Connectivity” subscription is screwing this up. I still do lot get a link on my Connected Services screen on the App, on the web log in, or using other devices, clearing cache, cookies, blockers or uninstalling the app and re installing on my phone. Urgh. I even had my son try from his device using my credentials … nothing. So, pretty sure it’s not the devices. I have 5 case numbers open with Ford and no one seems to know what’s wrong!
Sponsored