• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Out of Spec interview with new Lightning XLT SR owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Max Patten @ Out of Spec did an interview with a new Lightning purchaser who lives off grid in western Colorado. The buyer has also been posting updates on Twitter at their jaminwestby handle. Another example of a dealer stealing a reservation but ended up getting a good deal on an XLT SR.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
The amount of fuzzy math this guy does to determine an "out the door" price is... odd IMO. Not to mention his statements regarding the strike and such being pure conjecture. Ignoring that, it's a good fluff piece on the Lightning with some dealership hate thrown on top.

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Seems very odd he didn’t realize he didn’t pay ANYTHING when he “ordered” the truck, even after the dealer brought it to his attention. I believe we’re getting one side of a story, and there’s certainly a different side that may sound quite different.
Those Colorado subsidies are a fleecing of every taxpayer who doesn’t buy an electric vehicle, imho.

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
The states REALLY fleecing taxpayers are those that don't encourage the switch away from fossil fuels. The future costs of decarbonization and other steps needed to survive make the $6k state tax credit look like a tear in a tsunami.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Seems very odd he didn’t realize he didn’t pay ANYTHING when he “ordered” the truck, even after the dealer brought it to his attention. I believe we’re getting one side of a story, and there’s certainly a different side that may sound quite different.
Those Colorado subsidies are a fleecing of every taxpayer who doesn’t buy an electric vehicle, imho.
You and I live in a State where the Governor doesn’t support EVs and makes every effort to discourage them.
The governor Vetoed a bill that passed both house and senate with only one no vote.
https://flaglerlive.com/desantis-vetoes-ev-bill/#gsc.tab=0

Sponsored

richl025

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Well, TBH, ANY subsidy is a "fleecing" of people who don't immediately benefit from it. We could say that the government subsidies to Big Oil are fleecing us EV owners...

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Well, TBH, ANY subsidy is a "fleecing" of people who don't immediately benefit from it. We could say that the government subsidies to Big Oil are fleecing us EV owners...
Just make it simple.

The Government is fleecing the taxpayers.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just make it simple.

The Government is fleecing the taxpayers.
I'll go one further - Mega-corps have officially bought the government to fleece taxpayers for them.

Ventorum94

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Avalanche, BMW 550i, Tesla MY, Tesla M3
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Tax credits that just reduce your tax bill (“non-refundable” credits) simply alllow you to keep more of the money you made. “Refundable” tax credits give you cash from taxes that others have paid, if the amount of the credit exceeds your tax bill. I totally support the former, and totally oppose the latter.
I believe that in Colorado, credits are actually larger, the lower your income, and phase out with higher income. That makes them just another form of redistribution of income (“fleecing” is an apt word).
Sponsored