• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer?

theUNSTABLE

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Cyber Engineer
I'm trying to get organized and maximize the space in my truck.

I have looked at way too many boxes trying to find the perfect storage solution for the frunk, seat, and bed.
I'm the frunk I would want something that maximizes the space without impacting the usage of the removable/prop-able sub storage cover.
Ford F-150 Lightning Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer? 1000002838

I'm really surprised no company has developed a solution. Either a tote style with a lid or without a lid, or even a fancy drawer system.

The charge box I made out of a packout tool box is fine, but it blocks the floor thing, and doesn't maximize the space.

I've been to nearly every hardware store measuring totes and boxes. I've thought about custom making one but I would prefer a durable plastic poly bin. Something I can throw in that's durable but can keep items/ tools /cables/in their place.

I've thought about finding a tote - heating it up and "molding" it to the space.

Home Depot 12 gallon seems the largest affordable option, but you can't prop up the floor piece so it still doesn't work.

Has anyone found the perfect frunk box that maximizes the space while still being able to use the floor compartment lid?

I did find a post about the Ridgid 2.0 Boxes fitting well, but they leave a good amount of space not being used and I didn't want to spend money on those without being able to maximize the space.
I was VERY closed to purchasing the Ridgid Pro Rolling Box because the dimensions almost looked like it would work, but it think it's a touch too big.
Ford F-150 Lightning Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer? 1000002817
Ford F-150 Lightning Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer? 1000002819

Other storage spaces I'm looking for storage solutions for:
Under the seat storage that is usable WITHOUT folding the seats up. I am aware of the DeeZee Drawer system but I have concerns about it being metal and rattling, also reviews are not good.

Storage spots for the wheel wells/bulkhead of the bed.

Ford F-150 Lightning Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer? Screenshot_20240128-171318

Ford F-150 Lightning Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer? 1000002750

Apologies for the formatting, trying to make it look nice with photos of what I was talking about but I'm on mobile right now
Sponsored

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I thought about going this route when I got my Lightning in May 2022, but then I realized that -- for me -- it's better to leave the Frunk 100% empty UNLESS I'm getting groceries. With the removable floor set up vertical in the back-most spot, the Frunk holds a ton of grocery bags without them falling over. For storage of other stuff, I've got a "bin" in the bed. It's held in place (just inside the bed) by a bungi cord. I don't store stuff in the "under back seat" space because I have flattend that down flush with the floor. My back seats are always in the up / stored position. On top of the floor is a huge pad for my Fox Red Lab to sleep on our trips from Boston to Maine.

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
I prefer collapsible versions like these two Costco.
Ford F-150 Lightning Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer? IMG_0170
Ford F-150 Lightning Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer? IMG_0171
Ford F-150 Lightning Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer? IMG_0172
Ford F-150 Lightning Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer? IMG_0173
Ford F-150 Lightning Perfect Frunk Box / Storage / Drawer? IMG_0174
About $27 on amazon now. The instacrate one stores perfectly behind the net. And you can use the net without removing it.
Sponsored