• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear UnderSeat Storage or Rear Side Bed Storage (Not an on top bed box)

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport (order), 17 F150 XLT Sport
Occupation
Sr Project Manager
Coming from a 17 F150 XLT Sport, I used to have a large area under the drivers side rear seat to store things like hitches/tools/emergency gear. (Pass side had an inverter)

My 21 Lariat Sport arrived two days ago, and man this thing is awesome. My only gripe is lack of that storage area I once had. My truck has the inverter and the pro power box there now.

Is there anything that looks decent and has some cushioning for noise cancelation (rattling tools) that I can put back there. My quick searches show a few things from Weathertech for $130 that looks like it would work? I would still need to line it. Didn't know if there was anything else out there.

Or alternatively, I could move most of those tools to the bed in one of those side locking boxes? Anyone have any experience or issues with those?

Just looking for some weather proof options for storage, weather inside the truck or outside. I'm not a "full box" guy anymore. But I dont want to stuff all the doors with items either.
Sponsored

CaptainAmericaRob

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4 PB
Occupation
Machine Designer - Ford Motor Co.
Coming from a 17 F150 XLT Sport, I used to have a large area under the drivers side rear seat to store things like hitches/tools/emergency gear. (Pass side had an inverter)

My 21 Lariat Sport arrived two days ago, and man this thing is awesome. My only gripe is lack of that storage area I once had. My truck has the inverter and the pro power box there now.

Is there anything that looks decent and has some cushioning for noise cancelation (rattling tools) that I can put back there. My quick searches show a few things from Weathertech for $130 that looks like it would work? I would still need to line it. Didn't know if there was anything else out there.

Or alternatively, I could move most of those tools to the bed in one of those side locking boxes? Anyone have any experience or issues with those?

Just looking for some weather proof options for storage, weather inside the truck or outside. I'm not a "full box" guy anymore. But I dont want to stuff all the doors with items either.
I've had two of the UnderCover Swing Cases in my 2019 Ranger for the last 2 years, because it has very little under seat storage.
I kept all my tools, recovery gear and other stuff locked in there. Waterproof, safe, and easy to get to. I'll be getting on for the Right side soon for my F150 PB.

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr Project Manager
I've had two of the UnderCover Swing Cases in my 2019 Ranger for the last 2 years, because it has very little under seat storage.
I kept all my tools, recovery gear and other stuff locked in there. Waterproof, safe, and easy to get to. I'll be getting on for the Right side soon for my F150 PB.
Does it interfere with the LED bed lighting on the F150?

kosekjm

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.5 Powerboost FX4 5.5' Bed
Occupation
Software Engineer
I bought this one for mine:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QHAASF4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I liked it a bit more then the weathertech options as it seemed to connect to the truck better. This one actually screw mounts to the truck where the other ones all seemed to be a strap that seemed loose or not centered. When I bought it Amazon had a $50 coupon that brought it right in line with the other options.

I have all of my stuff in there under the seats now and have very little rattle.

I'll try and grab a few pics later on for you.

Sponsored

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
I saw this YouTube video of a homemade drawer type under seat storage. A company called DeeZee saw it and is making it in a larger scale. I like how you can access it without lifting the seats.

Maljr1980

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
Project Manager
Is that just a strap in the center?
Yes, you have to strap it down pretty tight to keep it from moving around. This may end up being removed if I decide to put a sub under the seat,l.

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150
I have the decked storage system so I take my weather tech underseat storage on trips..i appreciate the flat floor on road trips ...something the 2022 tundra screwed up on..lol

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr Project Manager
I have the decked storage system so I take my weather tech underseat storage on trips..i appreciate the flat floor on road trips ...something the 2022 tundra screwed up on..lol
Yeah, hence why i'm looking at bed options instead. The large flat floor in my 17 F150 has always proven extremely useful for me. (I can't count on 2 hands when I had the back seats down previously)

I'm not sure how interested I am in intruding into that space with underseat storage.

Sponsored

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f-150
Yeah, hence why i'm looking at bed options instead. The large flat floor in my 17 F150 has always proven extremely useful for me. (I can't count on 2 hands when I had the back seats down previously)

I'm not sure how interested I am in intruding into that space with underseat storage.
i loved my truck bed decked system, but Its not for everyone..either way under seat or truck bed u have to figure out what u need.. I’d probably get the foldable under seat storage option on my next f150. 120 $ for weather tech vs 200$ Ford option… just another thing I’ll remember before ordering

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I have a DU-HA. Very sturdy. Easy install. Nice fit. You can get a lockable lid version for the Super Crew but not my Super Cab. Had one in my 2010 FX4 and no issues.

Ford F-150 Lightning Rear UnderSeat Storage or Rear Side Bed Storage (Not an on top bed box) IMG_20210930_141756_burst_01

Ford F-150 Lightning Rear UnderSeat Storage or Rear Side Bed Storage (Not an on top bed box) IMG_20210930_141902

Ford F-150 Lightning Rear UnderSeat Storage or Rear Side Bed Storage (Not an on top bed box) IMG_20210930_141825_burst_01

OP
OP
cturboaddict

cturboaddict

First Name
Jersey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Sr Project Manager
i loved my truck bed decked system, but Its not for everyone..either way under seat or truck bed u have to figure out what u need.. I’d probably get the foldable under seat storage option on my next f150. 120 $ for weather tech vs 200$ Ford option… just another thing I’ll remember before ordering
Maybe I vall ford and ask about their seat system.

Shyrax

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F150 Limited
Occupation
IT Management
Decided I wanted the factory fold flat storage after receiving my VIN. Called 2 different dealerships to price just ordering it and installing it myself. Both dealers quoted $944 out the door. Hard to believe that such a cheap option when building costs so much as an add on. In disbelief, I had one of them send me a pic of the parts catalog where they were getting this info from hoping that the pic would show they were looking at the wrong part. Looked right to me. Guess I will look for a wrecked truck or hopefully someone will sell me the one that came in their truck.

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Yes, you have to strap it down pretty tight to keep it from moving around. This may end up being removed if I decide to put a sub under the seat,l.
May be able to put the sub behind the seat. I think that is where mine is (factory installed)
Sponsored