• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model Y, Honda Ridgeline
We hauled a Fully loaded bed (1500 lbs) of split eucalyptus for our cabin fires last fall from Pismo Beach (sea level) to Shaver Lake (6000 ft) You can tell how much my wife contributed to the hauling by her pink Crocs.
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 1685078058274

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Been using the truck like a truck a lot since we got it 3 weeks ago. Here are the only two pictures I took so far.

QUESTION PLEASE:

Today, I hauled a half ton of bark mulch for our garden. However, when hosing out the bed, noticed that the tailgate (has the step) gets PACKED full of debris. Anyone found the best way to clean the tailgate other than lots and lots of water???

Thanks.
2023-05-11_15-55-38.png

IMG_5435.jpg
Get a big tarp. Lay it down before they load the mulch. Leave enough tarp in the back so that when you open the tailgate, the tarp covers it.

helpmerick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
helpmerick.com
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Get a big tarp. Lay it down before they load the mulch. Leave enough tarp in the back so that when you open the tailgate, the tarp covers it.
You are right...I need to get a tarp. Not a big fan of them, but they do make cleanup easier. Thanks!

Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes
Traveled to pick up my Ryobi 80v battery riding lawn mower. Was a mix of highway and stop and go. About 72 mile round trip. Had 154 miles of range left when I unhooked the trailer. I was surprised how efficient it was. Hardly noticed the trailer behind me. Drove smooth and strong.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG20230526122808

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG20230526122758

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Traveled to pick up my Ryobi 80v battery riding lawn mower. Was a mix of highway and stop and go. About 72 mile round trip. Had 154 miles of range left when I unhooked the trailer. I was surprised how efficient it was. Hardly noticed the trailer behind me. Drove smooth and strong.

IMG20230526122808.jpg

IMG20230526122758.jpg
Ya it's the aerodynamics of a large camper trailer that really does you in. I've been eyeing an electric riding mower but I've been saving my pennies for the truck.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ya it's the aerodynamics of a large camper trailer that really does you in. I've been eyeing an electric riding mower but I've been saving my pennies for the truck.
Good luck with saving those pennies. The truck imo is worth it.
I learned the valuable lesson on the riding mowers. I've always had a commercial walk behind. Went out last week and brought the Ego zero turn but had to return it right away. My property's not flat and has some rolling areas and it just wouldn't work on it.
The riding mower did great on it today though. Cut an acre and still had about 72% battery left.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Good luck with saving those pennies. The truck imo is worth it.
I learned the valuable lesson on the riding mowers. I've always had a commercial walk behind. Went out last week and brought the Ego zero turn but had to return it right away. My property's not flat and has some rolling areas and it just wouldn't work on it.
The riding mower did great on it today though. Cut an acre and still had about 72% battery left.
I've got a 1950 Ford tractor that I do most of my mowing with but I know it pollutes more than all my other gas usage combined.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer

IMG20230526122808.jpg

IMG20230526122758.jpg
Are they still using the suitcase of lead acid batteries or have the upgraded?

Sponsored

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
great idea... perhaps soon I'll be able to post something! (Larat ER built 2/5 -still on hold)
Wait? You are still on hold? I am also a Lariat ER 2/5 build but I got my truck. I wonder what the hold is for?

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Are they still using the suitcase of lead acid batteries or have the upgraded?

RYOBI
80V 10.0 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery

RYOBI's 80V 10.0 Ah is designed with heat protection and INTELLICELL technology to optimize the runtime and life of the battery. The 80V 10.0 Ah Battery features an LCD Interface for advanced status details and updates. This battery is built with nano-coating for ultimate pack protection through uses and recharges. It also features an ergonomic handle for convenient transport! Works with all RYOBI 80V tools and chargers. Backed by a 5-year warranty upon registration on ryobitools.com.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Wait? You are still on hold? I am also a Lariat ER 2/5 build but I got my truck. I wonder what the hold is for?
Did you get a spray in bedliner? I didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
Been using the truck like a truck a lot since we got it 3 weeks ago. Here are the only two pictures I took so far.

QUESTION PLEASE:

Today, I hauled a half ton of bark mulch for our garden. However, when hosing out the bed, noticed that the tailgate (has the step) gets PACKED full of debris. Anyone found the best way to clean the tailgate other than lots and lots of water???

Thanks.
2023-05-11_15-55-38.png

IMG_5435.jpg
I don't seem to have the onboard scales on my 2023 Lariat. I filled it up with soil and wanted to know .. am I just missing a chip?

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I don't seem to have the onboard scales on my 2023 Lariat. I filled it up with soil and wanted to know .. am I just missing a chip?
Check your sticker. Ford deleted it and showed a $650 credit on the sticker. I don't think it can be added. The Big Blue robot you often see hovering over the bed in the factory pictures is the scale calibrator. I guess it lost its job.
Sponsored