• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Good looking truck but pass. Don't like the 15in tablet style screen and I won't buy any electric vehicle that I have to try to find a place to charge and then wait 8 hours or longer to charge it especially if I'm on a road trip.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
whenever I see the wrap around light swoosh, I can't help but be reminded of what Ford did to make the Mercury Sable look fancier than the Taurus.

Ford F-150 Lightning ? Studio pics of the F-150 Lightning Electric Pickup BE5C8B83-8643-4505-A3CD-7E87AA032F66

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Good looking truck but pass. Don't like the 15in tablet style screen and I won't buy any electric vehicle that I have to try to find a place to charge and then wait 8 hours or longer to charge it especially if I'm on a road trip.
The Whole charging infrastructure is going to have to improve if companies want a higher adoption rate. At this time it’s pretty obvious that there needs to be a much greater availability of fast chargers.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
They're already working on it. It's more like a 20 hour charge with a standard home charger. Kind of like filling up a pool with a garden hose. Depending on what kind of electrical service one has, you can upgrade to higher amp charger for the 8 hour charge. Then there's going to be chargers for really fast charging, likely located at travel centers, where you can eat some diner food while you're charging up.

Ford F-150 Lightning ? Studio pics of the F-150 Lightning Electric Pickup D83D984C-BC3C-4415-B731-7598FE205A09

Another thing that needs to be kept in mind is that the stated range on some EVs is rather disingenuous. Since you aren't supposed to go below 15-20% of capacity. Then there's a drop in efficiency in really cold and very hot weather, even before taking into account using a heater or A/C. I almost forgot, many also don't want you charging to 100% capacity and Teslas won't charge over 90% so you also lose range on that end.

Last edited:

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
They're already working on it. It's more like a 20 hour charge with a standard home charger. Kind of like filling up a pool with a garden hose. Depending on what kind of electrical service one has, you can upgrade to higher amp charger for the 8 hour charge. Then there's going to be chargers for really fast charging, likely located at travel centers, where you can eat some diner food while you're charging up.

D83D984C-BC3C-4415-B731-7598FE205A09.jpeg

Another thing that needs to be kept in mind is that the stated range on some EVs is rather disingenuous. Since you aren't supposed to go below 15-20% of capacity. Then there's a drop in efficiency in really cold and very hot weather, even before taking into account using a heater or A/C. I almost forgot, many also don't want you charging to 100% capacity and Teslas won't charge over 90% so you also lose range on that end.
You can go below 15%, 10%, etc. There is a buffer in place to keep from damaging the battery. That 10-80% range companies quote is for DC fast charging to give you an idea of a refillable speed (in the Lightning’s case 40 MINUTES). Capacity above that can be safely charged on L1 or L2 when needed.

Wolf Man

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
whenever I see the wrap around light swoosh, I can't help but be reminded of what Ford did to make the Mercury Sable look fancier than the Taurus.

BE5C8B83-8643-4505-A3CD-7E87AA032F66.jpeg
That's actually one of the reasons I bought the Sable and not the Taurus, loved that grill!

Sponsored

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
I would to see some photos without that enormous 15" screen. What does the smaller version look like?

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT SPORT
Occupation
Firefighter
Nice! Except for those wheels ?

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2020 Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Occupation
Asset Management
I have Mach FE and I really wish Ford did not incorporate the climate controls into the tablet screen. It can have problems with gloves.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Tesla has shown what a reliable charging infrastructure network looks like, and how it all but eliminates range anxiety for new adopters. Once the infrastructure bill passes and is funded, you're still looking at a 5 year build out, minimum, but it will eventually happen.

The only thing holding me back from the Lightning is that I need an F150 for a tow vehicle. Until range is 300 miles while towing AND there is infrastructure for recharging while connected to a trailer (think "pull-thru" supercharging), I'm going to stick with Tesla for the passenger vehicle, and the 14th get F150 for towing.

All in all, this Lightning is going to be a game changer in with fleet vehicles that can be plugged in overnight. If Elon didn't have such a hard-on for that gawd-awful looking CybrTruck, they could be a real threat to Ford's future fleet sales. But not with the current design. At least not in my opinion.

ETphoneHome

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Occupation
Delivery driver
Sounds like you're misinformed.
Sponsored