• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up 2.3.0 OTA rolling out

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Also what is the correct resolution for the 12 inch screen? Would it be worth trying to update the resolution on those text boxes on the screen size screen or is that not going to do anything?
Im not 100% on that. I think that is a diag screen so I dont think you can change it and make it stick. Ill try to pull mine and see what it is.
Sponsored

remtiwk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’ve gotten two updates this week so far. One update was blank and had no release notes. The 2nd update was the 2.3.0.

So far, fingers crossed, I’ve been consistently getting updates ever since I bought the truck last March.

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’ve gotten two updates this week so far. One update was blank and had no release notes. The 2nd update was the 2.3.0.

So far, fingers crossed, I’ve been consistently getting updates ever since I bought the truck last March.
Yeah the blank one was a gateway update.

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
The USB drive format should not be an issue here. I have installed updates (GWM, APIM as well as TCU) from different flash drives, using both USB2.0 as well as USB3.0. Both were quick formatted to exFAT. Doing long format is not necessary, the only thing it does it scrubs the drive and checks for bad sectors, and it takes awfully long. Also, drive label does not matter IMO. I had one named "FDRS" another was blank
Unless of course, the USB drive happens to have bad sectors.

Sponsored

2mileshigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB - Antimatter Blue
I was stuck on 1.7.1 until today. While waiting in line for the car wash with the truck running I turned off auto update, then turned the ignition off. I then restarted the truck, and turned auto update back on. Within a matter of seconds I received a FordPass notice that an update (to 2.3.0) was successful. Could be coincidence.

Hauk

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have a pathway in my head to correct it but I need it here. There is really no way to edit the manifest. THe update changed the reslution the only way to fix it is rerun the update and I dont know of a way to edit the manifest and it maintain its signature. There may be some people on this forum that are smarter than I am(I am certain of it) that can take care of the json stuff and edit it and maintain the signature or hash. If that were possible then we could then take the version checker out. He could then run the update but the update he has is wrong so he would need one that is right.

I can run it here in my system and have much more flexibility within what is allowed in the existing files.

THere is no way with forscan to make the version change in the apim.

This is another shot in the dark. @Hauk but try to run a PMI on the APIM in FDRS. IT MAY allow you to redownload the files it MAY see a weird version in its check and download a new update. It may also boot you since its already the existing APIM. Its something to try while you have FDRS
I just wanted to update everyone on my situation. I was able to get my software reloaded on my APIM and it is working correctly now.

I checked FDRS and there was a software update available for my instrument cluster. I updated this, and then tried to re-run the PMI procedures on my APIM, and the servers saw the mismatch and I was able to re-download the correct manifest and files. Perhaps something in the manifest was a little differant with the updated instrument cluster file and that kicked off the update?

Anyways I am really glad I was able to get this resolved. Also a big thanks to everyone on here and a HUGE shoutout to Jesse who was immensely helpful and supportive through this ordeal.

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I just wanted to update everyone on my situation. I was able to get my software reloaded on my APIM and it is working correctly now.

I checked FDRS and there was a software update available for my instrument cluster. I updated this, and then tried to re-run the PMI procedures on my APIM, and the servers saw the mismatch and I was able to re-download the correct manifest and files. Perhaps something in the manifest was a little differant with the updated instrument cluster file and that kicked off the update?

Anyways I am really glad I was able to get this resolved. Also a big thanks to everyone on here and a HUGE shoutout to Jesse who was immensely helpful and supportive through this ordeal.
I know I said this privately but I’m happy and proud you stuck with it.

I think this a great example for everyone that things happen and if they do, don’tfreak just stay calm and let talk about it.

great job !!

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost

That is great news. Very well done.

Sponsored

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
Anyone with similar issues can try holding seek forward on the dash and steering wheel together for several seconds to enter the APIM diagnostics.

In those menu's you can confirm which screen resolution the APIM defaults too and that should confirm any speculation that the 8" files are loaded. You can also go into the IVSU menus in the embedded Sync 4 diagnostics and read all the system files currently installed.

If you have access to ForScan ensure that the IOD cards in the APIM are enabled, the correct screen type is configured and force reset the APIM a few times over the network.

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
Anyone noticed the CarPlay screen is messed up ? It seems they shrunk the the resolution, exposing a black rectangle behind it. Also the Phone List at the top left is misaligned:

5B76CDB6-2605-4295-84B4-17D6C10D40B9.jpeg

IMHO, It looked better in previous versions of APIM
This happened at random one day almost a year ago and I could not find a way to resolve it. Ford Power Up 2.1.0 magically fixed it overnight in my truck. I don't think it's an iOS issue because I have two iPhones and had this problem for both across many different iterations of the public releases of iOS 14 and iOS 15.

OP
OP

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Anyone with similar issues can try holding seek forward on the dash and steering wheel together for several seconds to enter the APIM diagnostics.

In those menu's you can confirm which screen resolution the APIM defaults too and that should confirm any speculation that the 8" files are loaded. You can also go into the IVSU menus in the embedded Sync 4 diagnostics and read all the system files currently installed.

If you have access to ForScan ensure that the IOD cards in the APIM are enabled, the correct screen type is configured and force reset the APIM a few times over the network.
The 8" files are the same names and same size as 12"

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
I did what one member on the forums mentioned earlier, shut off auto updates, disconnected from wifi, reconnected and enabled auto updates and set a schedule. Got updated to 2.3.0 within 48 hours.

SouthernGuy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost, 7.2K PPoB
Occupation
Retired
How do I check to see what Power-Up Version is on my truck? Its a Lariat PowerBoost (November 2021 blend date). The truck and FordPass both report 'software up to date'. I have ForScan and OBD-Link EX and have made a few mods.
Sponsored