• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power Poll

Have you had the Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power issue

• Total voters

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Had the truck back 2 weeks. Was grabbing something out of the frunk and poked my head in to see the coolant level.

1000022439.jpg
1000022438.jpg

All coolant has gone... Somewhere...

@Ford Motor Company who's gonna compensate my time for dealing with this? I know the dealer will remedy, but I don't have a day to deliver, Uber around places, and then pick up a vehicle. Maybe send people home with a jug of coolant if they're not going to bleed air out of the system properly??
I'm thinking it has been noted that there could be air in the system and as that works it way out, it will empty the reservoir. Thinking they needed to give better instructions to check it or stop back by.
Sponsored

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Reactions: GDN

RyZac

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
is this mostly a 2022 and early 2023 build issue or does it just take time for the later 2023's/24's to have the issue?
Also, could this also be a reason they lowered the 2024 Max charge to 120kw?

tied to this all, is there a mixture of charging methods that causes the most issues? Like frequent DCFC. Has some modules failed for people who've only charged via Level 2?
Sponsored