• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power

nubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Graphic Designer
So my car has been at the dealer all day and I got a call that the car is ready. they said they ran some key software updates and that the car runs fine now. Hard to trust that this was the issue. Maybe there is some sort of sensor that is super sensitive that caused the car to go into crawl mode at 4% power. Picking car up tomorrow. Had a loaner for the day.
Sponsored

tommyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning Lariat
So my car has been at the dealer all day and I got a call that the car is ready. they said they ran some key software updates and that the car runs fine now. Hard to trust that this was the issue. Maybe there is some sort of sensor that is super sensitive that caused the car to go into crawl mode at 4% power. Picking car up tomorrow. Had a loaner for the day.
My dealer told me that too, but the warning light came back on a few days later :(. Hoping you don't see that warning again...

nubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Graphic Designer
My dealer told me that too, but the warning light came back on a few days later :(. Hoping you don't see that warning again...
Oh man. That’s not good news. Has the dealer resolved the issue on round 2 yet?

nubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Graphic Designer
So. I now have the car back. Tech said that certain modules were not communicating with others and the software update fixed those issues. Then just now I got a call back from Ford dealer saying be careful driving the car and that Ford Corporate called them and said that code that was sent out means there is a bad battery cell and that it will go back into crawl mode again. Waiting on part and advised to not drive it far and stay local.

Sponsored

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
I'm so sorry!

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Loaners may not be available at dealers without an appointment so the best is to rent a vehicle and get reimbursed by Ford BEV corporate.

Don't rely on the dealers...

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Loaners may not be available at dealers without an appointment so the best is to rent a vehicle and get reimbursed by Ford BEV corporate.

Don't rely on the dealers...
Good luck with that - problem is it's tough to schedule an appointment like this is part of some scheduled maintenance - this is a without notice failure of the powertrain - unless you are within 2 miles of dealer with a lot of backroads you can't get vehicle to them without a tow. And as far as Ford Corporate being helpful I was expected to pick up the differential of another F-150 from Enterprise at the salty price of $1,000 / month. If the dealership is nothing but a middleman in this transaction netting 10% of the sales price for a one-hour paper signing appointment they should bend over backwards in securing a loaner vehicle to the victim / purchaser of the Lightning. I'm not being hard on the dealer with this post, more on @Ford Motor Company expecting someone to pay for an 8,000 pound paperweight AND a rental vehicle.

tommyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Oh man. That’s not good news. Has the dealer resolved the issue on round 2 yet?
Not yet, but the warning light has been off now for a few days and no service message pops up. I'm still going to have them look into this when I bring my truck in to have my second key programmed, likely next week.

nubkub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Well after having the car back for the weekend. The Powertrain malfunction light and reduced power to 4% is back. Also got a high voltage battery warning this time. Crawled back to the dealer at around 8 mph and they did diagnostics on the battery today and confirmed it is a bad battery cell. They ordered a battery array to fix the problem but it's on backorder and they have no idea when they will get the part in. I do have a loaner (crappy ford edge) but I also informed the dealer that the clock is ticking. They have had my car for a total of 6 days since I bought it in mid September and on day 30 of them having the car, it is considered a lemon. Dealer said they are very aware of that and so is Ford. Now it's just a waiting game. I truly don't know if I will trust the truck again even if it is fixed at this point. Such sad news for what until last week was an amazing truck.
Sponsored