• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Access Tailgate

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
One of the things I miss most about my Ridgeline is the tailgate. I used it as a swing open far more often than as a drop down.

I just saw this and now I want it, does anyone have any info on it?

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Access Tailgate 2024-Ford-F-150_Pro-Access-Tailgate_06

Probably easier to do a swap on the Pro than the Lariat if it’s even possible at all..
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
You should probably should hang out in ICE forum since it's only for their trucks. You'll know the day it becomes available for them.
I visit their site often - lots more users and info on the many things we share. They don't complain too much when a Lightning owner posts :).

OP
OP

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
You should probably should hang out in ICE forum since it's only for their trucks. You'll know the day it becomes available for them.
I visit their site often - lots more users and info on the many things we share. They don't complain too much when a Lightning owner posts :).
Was hoping someone had some Lightning relevant info…wishful thinking.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
That tailgate is heavy. I've never seen the production version, but they had a tear down of the prototype in our plant. It's so complicated, we don't even stamp or assemble it in a Ford plant. It's done completely by an outside supplier.

It should fit on a Lightning. It is an F-150, after all. You will lose the light bar on Lariat and Platinum, obviously. I'd look at the ICE forums to see if the tailgate connector matches.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
It should fit on a Lightning. It is an F-150, after all. You will lose the light bar on Lariat and Platinum, obviously. I'd look at the ICE forums to see if the tailgate connector matches.
I'm not sure about putting it on Lariat/Platinum. Those tailgates are unique to Lightning. The lightbar is also the reverse lights with tailgate up. They have the swedge that covers the "tailgate down" backup lights. I think if you put a regular tailgate on there it would look strange - have gaps - but backup lights would peek through.

OP has Pro so maybe for that trim its a possibility like you say.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Access Tailgate 1705791817451
Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Access Tailgate 1705792029146

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I'm not sure about putting it on Lariat/Platinum. Those tailgates are unique to Lightning. The lightbar is also the reverse lights with tailgate up. They have the swedge that covers the "tailgate down" backup lights. I think if you put a regular tailgate on there it would look strange - have gaps - but backup lights would peek through.

OP has Pro so maybe for that trim its a possibility like you say.

1705791817451.png
1705792029146.png
It will fit. You may not like how the tail light looks, but it will fit. And you could always swap the lights too.

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I opted not to get the tailgate step/work surface based on the fragility of the parts I've seen; this definitely would have me scared outside of warranty lol.
Sponsored